Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

MeltedOzark wrote:I'm pretty sure the Black IPA was a collaboration with Jordan Rainhard before he started his brewery. Unsurprising considering it's decent. No other Beau's beer excites me anymore.
I have to say I like the Kissmeyer Nordic Pale Ale on tap when it's cheap, just a nice rounded and crisp pale. Good is good!
cratez wrote:
Tried the Mill St. West Coast IPA the other day and I think Beaumont's comments are spot on. The intensity of flavours are there for the style (like a home brewer showing that he understands that US IPAs are bold tasting), but they're not well-integrated.
What is up with these guys, I thought by now they'd have something as good as Mad Tom that I could depend on to be great.
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

spinrsx wrote:this is at TBS now

Smuttynose Robust Porter
6 × Bottle 355 ml Price: $15.95
The best before / expiry date for the Robust Porter is June 2, 2016. Bar Towellers can do with that what they will! :lol:

The freshest Finestkind, on the other hand, is a little over 2 months old. I grabbed a sixer the other day and my bottles are drinking well.

You really have to watch the date codes on these Smuttynose beers as there were three different bottling dates for the IPA at the TBS that I went to. It's probably been mentioned before, but the bottling date appears on the case and the expiry date on the bottle.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

cratez wrote:the bottling date appears on the case and the expiry date on the bottle.
What could the rationale for that be? (Assuming there is one. I hope it's not just inattention to detail)

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

cratez wrote:
spinrsx wrote:this is at TBS now

Smuttynose Robust Porter
6 × Bottle 355 ml Price: $15.95
The best before / expiry date for the Robust Porter is June 2, 2016. Bar Towellers can do with that what they will! :lol:

The freshest Finestkind, on the other hand, is a little over 2 months old. I grabbed a sixer the other day and my bottles are drinking well.

You really have to watch the date codes on these Smuttynose beers as there were three different bottling dates for the IPA at the TBS that I went to. It's probably been mentioned before, but the bottling date appears on the case and the expiry date on the bottle.
Are you sure the Porter doesn't expire February 6th? My six pack tastes old. Seems odd that they switch between dd/mm/yy and mm/dd/yy.

Porter: Best before 06/02/16
Finestkind: best before dd/July/16

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

AugustusRex wrote: Are you sure the Porter doesn't expire February 6th? My six pack tastes old.
That's entirely possible. Unfortunately I didn't get a look at the bottling date on the Robust Porter case, only the expiry date on the bottle (06/02/2016). Either way, not exactly fresh.
AugustusRex wrote: Finestkind: best before dd/July/16
Yeah, the bottles that I grabbed have a best before of August 29, 2016 (bottling of Feb. 29), which speaks to my point about multiple date codes being on the shelves.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

TUQUE DOREE
LCBO 461665 | 473 mL can

Price $ 2.75

Made in: Ontario, Canada
By: Brasserie Tuque De Broue Brewe

http://www.momandhops.ca/brasserie-tuqu ... t-to-lcbo/

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

This is a very boring beer.. had it on tap a few months ago
S. St. Jeb wrote:TUQUE DOREE
LCBO 461665 | 473 mL can

Price $ 2.75

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

spinrsx wrote:This is a very boring beer.. had it on tap a few months ago
LCBO 461665 | 473 mL can

Price $ 2.75

Sometimes.....I like boring beers.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new at TBS

Sawdust city Little Norway
Can 473 ml Price: $2.75

Ace Hill Pilsner
Can 473 ml Price: $2.95

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

LCBO 461665 | 473 mL can

Price $ 2.75

Oh, I just thought of an imaginary friend of an imaginary friend who had Rocherfort 10, a Thomas Hardy's Ale and a Coors Light and chose the latter as his favourite.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Lukie wrote:
LCBO 461665 | 473 mL can

Price $ 2.75

Oh, I just thought of an imaginary friend of an imaginary friend who had Rocherfort 10, a Thomas Hardy's Ale and a Coors Light and chose the latter as his favourite.
First time I had a Rochefort 10 it was a drainpour.......too much flavour for me. ;) That was 15 years ago. I've gotten better.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Anyone got a product number for GLB Sunnyside which is being released today?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Masterplan wrote:Anyone got a product number for GLB Sunnyside which is being released today?
467019.....but I don't believe it's live quite yet

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

At the LCBO since Apr 29:
MILL STREET AMBRE DE LA CHAUDIERE
—LCBO#: 458257 | 750 mL bottle
$9.45
7% abv

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/mill-s ... ere/458257

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »