Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Insulated stainless growlers

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

FEUO

Insulated stainless growlers

Post by FEUO »

Hello BT,
Looking for an insulated stainless growler. Can be brewery labeled, depending on the brewery. ;)
Blank is fine as well.

I've been doing some research and like the DrinkTanks growler and know Innocente has some available.
I also like the MiiR, EcoVessel, HydroFlask and Innate growlers.

Just wondering what people on here are using for those hiking trips, or roadtrips, in order to keep their beer cold longer.

Cheers!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

FEUO wrote:Hello BT,
Just wondering what people on here are using for those hiking trips, or roadtrips, in order to keep their beer cold longer.
Cheers!
Ice. :P

I like the HydroFlasks but haven't bought one yet, mostly because I never buy growlers unless I have to. I usually jsut have frozen water bottles and put other drinks, such as cans or bottles of beer, around them in my backpack (in a drybag) or cooler.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

I haven't tried it, but MEC sells one from Stanley http://www.mec.ca/product/5043-395/stan ... ?q=growler as well as the one from Innate and the seemingly obscenely over-priced Kleen Kanteen. Add $5 for a membership if you don't have one.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Kleen Kanteen is NOT on my radar. Read about so many other good ones and KK never comes up in discussion. Innate seems ok, but not in my top 3.
Looking at MiiR, DrinkTanks (Innocente sells/uses them) and EcoVessel. Stanley is a nice option, especially for price.
Amazing how MEC prices stuff vs the same items in US (even after exchange rate).

While on my roadtrip it looks like I will have a lot of opportunities to fill growlers with high quality stuff vs lug the same beer in bottles. I will be keeping it a backpack so ice is not a good idea and neither are glass bottles. I could haul a cooler but going up a moutainside for many hours doesn't bode well for a worn body and hands.

Will update when I make a call and put in use.

Also confirmed with local Detroit spot about what they will and will not fill. Looks like I'm all good with my options so far.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Oddly, was talking to the dude from Stanley the other day. You might see some of the Stanley ones popping up at various breweries around the province.
saintjohnswort.ca