Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

in the "just becasue we can" category?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

in the "just becasue we can" category?

Post by Tapsucker »

New mobile app for TBS.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/06/27/the-b ... in-ontario

Seams totally pointless, unless they think they're missing some millennials that aren't prepared to line up for a couple minutes. Funny, those same millennials will line up indefinitely for a cheesecake or a phone. :roll:

Now if the app let me tell my local TBS to come over and pick up my empties, THAT would be useful.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I'm curious how the walk in and walk out without a line thing is going to work.
lister

portwood

Post by portwood »

Maybe they should spend some money making the interior of their stores a place where people actually want to spend more than 3 seconds in ...
Any other retailer with:
- poorly lit
- dirty
- poorly organized
- smelly interiors
would be out of business in short order.

The app ensures people dont have to spend much time in that crappy environment.

app or no app I will continue to avoid TBS ...
@markhamwhisky

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

portwood wrote:Maybe they should spend some money making the interior of their stores a place where people actually want to spend more than 3 seconds in …
I feel dat. It's pretty much a license to be shitty to captive customers. No, I've SEEN many private / commerical beer vendors in say Germany, it's entirely possible to serve a very bright, clean classy experience to beer consumers where you don't need to handle filthy bins than smell like a dumpster.

Bunch of retarded ham-fisted union hacks.
In Beerum Veritas

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

Even here in Ontario the LCBO has at least tried to keep up with the times and locations are busy with wine tastings and occasionally, cooking demos. As infuriating as it can be, it's attractive, bright and somewhere you don't mind spending time browsing. You go in there on a weekend and it's full of families. You go into the typical beer store and you feel you're transported back to the 1950's.