Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

jp_jkl wrote:
jeremyg wrote:i could and probably am way off on the changing recipes theory but whatever, it is what it is. limp puppet, octopus, thrust and couple others all tasted off/watered down. octopus tasted completely different. i swear it was a mosaic forward beer before, now it's 8 different hops and malts or whatever.
The write up on the back of the can is a joke. Octopus still features mosaic hops.

http://greatlakesbeer.com/index.php/oct ... to-lcbo-2/

Personally I think GLB is tasting as great as ever. If you like IPAs and can get to the brewery, they're hands down the best in the province right now. 473ml tall cans, very well priced compared to other craft brewers, always super fresh stock available and delicious IPAs... what's not to love?
hey, like i said. if it's your thing it's your thing. have at it.

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

GLB watered down? Them some pretty harsh words that can be very harmful to a brewers reputation. Good thing GLB isn't actually watered down at all.

I'm not trying to be a dick but to say something of that gravity I'd hope you have some sort of proof or at least a lot of people that agree with you.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

"that gravity" lol

i'm sure someone's posts on a beer forum weigh heavily

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

jp_jkl wrote:
jeremyg wrote:i could and probably am way off on the changing recipes theory but whatever, it is what it is. limp puppet, octopus, thrust and couple others all tasted off/watered down. octopus tasted completely different. i swear it was a mosaic forward beer before, now it's 8 different hops and malts or whatever.
The write up on the back of the can is a joke. Octopus still features mosaic hops.

http://greatlakesbeer.com/index.php/oct ... to-lcbo-2/

Personally I think GLB is tasting as great as ever. If you like IPAs and can get to the brewery, they're hands down the best in the province right now. 473ml tall cans, very well priced compared to other craft brewers, always super fresh stock available and delicious IPAs... what's not to love?
Yes to all of this.

And yeah the joke part about the 8 hops and 8 malts. I thought it was pretty obvious. Lol.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Another IPA that has gone downhill for me is Red Racer. It used to be all about the juicy grapefruit and I loved it. I'm not sure what's going on today but the flavours are much more faint. Their Imperial is pretty good though.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Yeah I can agree with the Red Racer. Ever since they went from small cans to tall cans, it's seems to have lost something.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Meh, I think with IPA's you get that 'chasing the dragon' effect. The more you drink the less you like...

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

I don't know how fresh the cans of RR were back when they were good, but these days I can't seem to find a can less than 3 months old.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Peensteen said this was coming, but I don't think I saw notice of it's arrival.

LUNATIC FRIDGE IPA
LCBO 470138 | 473 mL can

Price $ 2.85

Made in: Ontario, Canada
By: Toboggan Brewing Company

Beer, Ale, India Pale Ale (IPA)
6.2% Alcohol/Vol.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Wow!

DULCIS SUCCUBUS
LCBO 422583 | 750 mL bottle