Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Craft Beer Release 2016

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

LCBO Autumn Craft Beer Release 2016

Post by Cass »

Fuller's Russian Imperial Stout 7.95 500 10.7 FULLER SMITH & TURNER PLC
Rascal London Porter 3.2 330 5.6 THE INNIS & GUNN BREWING COMPA
Lawrence of Arabica. Danish Coffee Orange Por 6.85 500 7 AMAGER BRYGHUS
Prearis Quadrocinno, Strong Belgium Dark Ale 3.75 330 10 VLIEGENDE PAARD BROUWERS
Three Philosphers 10.95 750 9.7 DUVEL MOORTGAT USA, LTD
St Feuillien Brune Extra Strong Belgian Ale 3.75 330 8.5 BRASSERIE ST-FEUILLIEN S.A.
The Mayan Chocolate Chipotle Stout 3.65 330 6.5 THE ILKLEY BREWERY CO. LTD
Lagunitas Sucks 16.45 2130 7.85 Lagunitas Brewing Company
Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier 3.5 500 6.3 STAATLICHES HOFBRAUHAUS
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar 6.95 650 5.6 ROGUE ALES BREWERY
G'Knight Imperial Red IPA 12.25 1420 8.7 Oskar Blues Brewery

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

"Sucks" being the most appropriate word in that release.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Interesting to see an Oskar Blues beer in there, even if it's not the one I would pick.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

I'm good with this list - but I am a fan of Belgians and porters/stouts. Nice to have Three Philosophers available and there's an additional Belgian quad that I haven't tried yet and piques my interest. St. Feuillien's grand cru, tripel and saison have all been quite good and so I'll happily give their dubbel a shot.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

I really enjoyed the Prearis Quadrocinno when I drank it in Belgium a few summer's ago. If I recall correctly, the guy behind it won homebrewer of the year in Belgium and then subsequently was invited to contract brew at De Proef. It was really good quality stuff - still very traditional quad but a bit unique with the addition of coffee.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Thanks Cass for being on it!

Lagunitas, Rogue and Ommegang for me.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

The lagunitas ipa and maximus were both 3+ months old by the time they hit the lcbo shelves..

Still some decent beers in this release though. Combine this with the online only beers and things are shaping up. I'm hoping a few of you return parts of your case orders to various lcbos. ( Evil Twin More Jesus for example)

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Sucks and 3 philosophers are awesome so that's good

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Ukie wrote:Thanks Cass for being on it!
No problem! Sorry about the formatting, I just copied and pasted out of the source file.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Craig wrote:Interesting to see an Oskar Blues beer in there, even if it's not the one I would pick.
Ten fidy could be next!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I like the looks of the majority of this list......but where's the 50 or so pumpkin beers :o

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I like the looks of the majority of this list......but where's the 50 or so pumpkin beers :o
Isn't that normally a different release? Halloween special it something?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

rfrf wrote:
Craig wrote:Interesting to see an Oskar Blues beer in there, even if it's not the one I would pick.
Ten fidy could be next!
:D

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

G*night!!!!

Amazing but what are the chances it gets here in good form...

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Provost Drunk wrote:I'm good with this list - but I am a fan of Belgians and porters/stouts. Nice to have Three Philosophers available and there's an additional Belgian quad that I haven't tried yet and piques my interest. St. Feuillien's grand cru, tripel and saison have all been quite good and so I'll happily give their dubbel a shot.
Yeah, I agree with this line of thinking -- better release than the last few. Three Philosophers, G'night and Fuller's RIS all appeal to me, as do the Belgians. Will be passing on any chipotle, coffee or chocolate infusions though.