Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

got an email from keep6 that with lcbo online, they are suspending their website and moving all stock to lcbo online. and there's a new one listed today also
De la Senne Jambe-de-Bois —LCBO#: 230101 | 330 mL bottle $4.30 x 24/case Abbey Tripel
Last week the LCBO officially launched a new online store on lcbo.com. The store will allow Ontario customers to purchase product directly from their website and have it shipped to any address (via Canada Post) or LCBO store location of choice (more information here).

The new online shop will give importers like ourselves the opportunity to list brands that are not regularly available on LCBO retail shelves. This is a great opportunity for Keep6 Imports as it will provide customers better access to the brands we represent.

In light of this, we have decided to suspend our online store (which operated through LCBO specialty services) and move all of our present stock and future listings to lcbo.com. The Keep6 Imports shop page will continue to list all the brands we have in stock and link them directly to lcbo.com product pages.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

I got my email that my order was at the store, so it took about 9 days, not bad.

for my next order i will get a few each of beers that ive never even seen in a 25 mile radius such as brooklyn lager, eephus brown ale and sweetgrass/sawdust west coast session lager, which is rated 100 on ratebeer for its pale lager style.

edit, got 4 each of those to try and a six pack of howe sound lager. came to $48 but with deposit went over the $50 minimum
tried to use my visa debit card to pay, no dice, had to use real visa

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Picked up my LTM Porters on Friday and returned half the box right away with zero issues, although they have to type in a lot of info to their terminal so it takes a good 5 minutes.

portwood

Post by portwood »

Lukie wrote:... although they have to type in a lot of info to their terminal so it takes a good 5 minutes.
That part was rather annoying given they already have all the info they need in the original order - bureaucracy at its best
@markhamwhisky

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Wonder after we do this a few times (return beers), are we flagged in the lcbo system? Mr. LCBO going to call me up and ask why I make so many returns? What do they even do with all of the information they ask for?

Also, is this online thing going over like gangbusters? The evil twin more jesus said they had 600+ cases in stock, now it's sold out? At $188 a case? (Maybe it was 600 bottles? Even still?)

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

hold up, so you can return bottles from the case??

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

spinrsx wrote:Wonder after we do this a few times (return beers), are we flagged in the lcbo system? Mr. LCBO going to call me up and ask why I make so many returns? What do they even do with all of the information they ask for?

Also, is this online thing going over like gangbusters? The evil twin more jesus said they had 600+ cases in stock, now it's sold out? At $188 a case? (Maybe it was 600 bottles? Even still?)
It's probably great for restaurants that are not in the GTA. Easy and simple way for them to get stock. Easier for the agents as well. Win-win.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

DDC Moralite and Disco Soleil now avail online

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

Picked up a few returns of LTM Baltic Porter from Bathurst and Centre. A few more left in the new arrivals section when I left.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

keep6 tweeted this article about the online exclusives, with quotes from Tomas at keep6. it also mentions that roland and russell will have some entries.

http://startouch.thestar.com/screens/8c ... %7C_0.html

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

ps also saison du tracteur available

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new online

3 Fonteinen Zwet.Be
LCBO#: 181619 | 350 mL bottle
$3.90per bottle
$93.60 per case of 24

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:new online
3 Fonteinen Zwet.Be
LCBO#: 181619 | 350 mL bottle
$3.90per bottle
$93.60 per case of 24
LCBO. Swedish for 'Out of Stock.'
In Beerum Veritas

portwood

Post by portwood »

Three day turn-around time on case of DDC Moralite ... and they didn't replace original packaging with huge box filled with styro popcorn.

Only downside is the pre-cellaring: bottled June 7, 2016 ... over 2 months to travel a few hundred Kms, presumably by birch bark canoe :roll:
@markhamwhisky

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Three day turn-around here as well; most of the order was fresh, although the Star Trek Golden Anniversary Ale is dated May 26th.

If they'd tweak the web design a bit (was not a fan of selecting one's fave stores, let alone the beer breakdown), I'd be quite happy with the new setup.