Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

awesome news about the stone stuff, Go To is literally the only session beer i like

too bad about the LCBO's aging program though :-?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new

Oast House Barnraiser Country Ale
LCBO#: 460618 | 473 mL can

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

biegaman wrote:Can't tell you for sure when but aught to be soon...

Stone IPA 650ml - $7.95 - 425975
Arrogant Bastard 650ml - $8.95 - 425983
Delicious IPA 6-packs - $19.95 - 573652
What, no Enjoy By? The LCBO doesn't want the primary selling feature to demonstrate how long its been sitting in the warehouse? :D :D

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

A wrote:What, no Enjoy By? The LCBO doesn't want the primary selling feature to demonstrate how long its been sitting in the warehouse? :D :D
Well played sir!
In Beerum Veritas

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

new from keep6 exclusive online

Taras Boulba
Brasserie de la Senne
4.5% abv 330ml bottle
$4.05x24/case

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/taras- ... 6-AX6IpU30
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/de-la-senn ... lba/56185/

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Lol @ a $20 six pack. :D

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Blasphomet wrote:Lol @ a $20 six pack. :D
Uh...3.33 per for imported craft? That's kinda normal.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Craig wrote:
I didn't even buy the milk stout because they didn't allow it to be sold as singles.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Blasphomet wrote:
Craig wrote:
I didn't even buy the milk stout because they didn't allow it to be sold as singles.
I think next time I go to the LCBO I'm picking up a 6-pack / 4-pack of something and telling them at the cash I only want 1 bottle and will be immediately returning the rest if I'm forced to buy the whole package. I wasn't allowed to bu ya single of "The calling" recently, even though it was already a lone single bottle out of the pack....argh, somehow 5 other bottles got individual sales, but mine was off limits.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Milk Stout IS totally amazing for the beer in it and the handy format. Just want to say that!

The Delicious isn't cheap - it's a de-glutenized beer tasting much like Stone IPA - but I have spent $18-19 USD on Sculpin a few times. The value isn't terrible considering our money's worth half what it was a few years ago in many ways.
In Beerum Veritas

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

i dropped $20 at collective arts this weekend on a six pack of cans. the beer was terrible, too.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

jeremyg wrote:i dropped $20 at collective arts this weekend on a six pack of cans. the beer was terrible, too.
"Collective Arts"
"terrible beer"

First I've heard those together.

Which beer(s) did you not like?

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I'll chime in on the CA beers. I had the mix pack a few days ago with the Gose, Hefe and Papaya Saison selections. The Gose was good, the hefe was very nice and the Papaya Saison was a friggen abomination. It was so bad I had to go trick my wife into having a sip so I wasn't the only one suffering through it.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

I've really been digging the CA Saint of Circumstance Citrus Blond Ale. Don't be fooled by the blonde ale moniker - in many ways this drinks like a juicy session pale, or a hoppy american wheat (think gumballhead). Its quite decently hoppy (Citra, Centennial, Amarillo). Perfect summer beer.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

I found the CA mix pack rather meh. Would not buy again .