Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

spinrsx wrote:Will any of these stone beers be regular listings?
Not right now... maybe Arrogant Bastard in the future. Looks like $4.25/ 473ml can.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Ritterguts Gose.....March 2017.....as per the brewery.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

BakaGaijin wrote:Ritterguts Gose.....March 2017.....as per the brewery.
Sweet. Always nice to get to try defining examples of a style.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Pricey, but better value than the bomber at least.
biegaman wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Will any of these stone beers be regular listings?
Not right now... maybe Arrogant Bastard in the future. Looks like $4.25/ 473ml can.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Craig wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Ritterguts Gose.....March 2017.....as per the brewery.
Sweet. Always nice to get to try defining examples of a style.
Had this at a weird potato restaurant in Leipzig 8 years ago (amazing little city) and have wanted to re-drink it ever since...
In Beerum Veritas

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I spoke with the Stone guy at the Ottawa Beerfest. He also mentioned that 02.02.02 would be coming to the LCBO. Also Delicious IPA but it's coming in high, $19 a six pack.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

cfrancis wrote:I spoke with the Stone guy at the Ottawa Beerfest. He also mentioned that 02.02.02 would be coming to the LCBO.
now THIS i gotta see.
maybe the LCBO will slap an "AFTER" sticker to cover "BY"?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cfrancis wrote:I spoke with the Stone guy at the Ottawa Beerfest. He also mentioned that 02.02.02 would be coming to the LCBO.
I have heard the re-brew isnt as good as the original but that could be nostalgia on the part of raters that have had both

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

atomeyes - this isn't Enjoy By 02.02.17 - sadly, its the vertical epic 02.02.02

The delicious IPA is already at the lcbo
atomeyes wrote:
now THIS i gotta see.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

spinrsx wrote:atomeyes - this isn't Enjoy By 02.02.17 - sadly, its the vertical epic 02.02.02

The delicious IPA is already at the lcbo
atomeyes wrote:
now THIS i gotta see.
sorry.
had a case of the "6 AMs". didn't process the date

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

any word on the new game of thrones beer? Been out in the states for a while now..

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

spinrsx wrote:any word on the new game of thrones beer? Been out in the states for a while now..
LCBO ordered it to have on shelves in time for season premiere... then didn't get pick it up until about a month ago. Apparently some bottles broke in transit and some of the cardboard cases got moldy as result (as happens all the time) so the entire shipment was sent to a third party warehouse for re-packaging. Should be soon (then again I've been saying that for awhile...)

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

biegaman wrote:
spinrsx wrote:any word on the new game of thrones beer? Been out in the states for a while now..
LCBO ordered it to have on shelves in time for season premiere... then didn't get pick it up until about a month ago. Apparently some bottles broke in transit and some of the cardboard cases got moldy as result (as happens all the time) so the entire shipment was sent to a third party warehouse for re-packaging. Should be soon (then again I've been saying that for awhile...)
Are we talking about the Seven Kingdoms Wheat Ale or the soon to be released Valar Dohaeris tripel ale?

I guess since the next season starts Summer 2017, the LCBO has plenty of time.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Ukie wrote: Are we talking about the Seven Kingdoms Wheat Ale or the soon to be released Valar Dohaeris tripel ale?
Seven Kingdoms.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Karma Citra cans heading to LCBO stores in early October.

http://www.greatlakesbeer.com/good-karm ... eer-fresh/