Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cask Days 2016

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

Make sure you guys all try our (Barncat) Durian Saison, as it may be the greatest beer mankind has ever created.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Last edited by BakaGaijin on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

kevinlater wrote:hey guys, i'm selling one saturday evening early access ticket (admission at 7pm instead of 8pm), plus 8 extra tokens. asking for $70 ($50 for ticket, $20 for tokens). PM me please
i'll sell this for $65 now

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Jesus, where to even start with this list? I like to think I'm craft savvy but I haven't heard of a lot of the US breweries. People have their top-10 list to try? What are those "can't miss" beers?
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Morrish

Post by Morrish »

Looking for an extra for Saturday afternoon if anyone is looking to unload. Throw in some bottles of that sweetens the deal.

nelson

Post by nelson »

Anybody looking for tickets for Saturday night? I've got two Session 4 (Sat 8pm-12am) tickets I'm looking to sell. Looking for $35 each compared to the $43 it costs on the site.

nickw

Post by nickw »

Morrish wrote:Looking for an extra for Saturday afternoon if anyone is looking to unload. Throw in some bottles of that sweetens the deal.
I may have a hook-up for you. Will confirm this afternoon.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

IPA_Lover wrote:Jesus, where to even start with this list? I like to think I'm craft savvy but I haven't heard of a lot of the US breweries. People have their top-10 list to try? What are those "can't miss" beers?
I agree. I have no idea what to try. Last couple of years I remember there being a couple of articles about "must tries" and I haven't seen that this year (although I haven't really looked).

What's on people's lists?
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
IPA_Lover wrote:Jesus, where to even start with this list? I like to think I'm craft savvy but I haven't heard of a lot of the US breweries. People have their top-10 list to try? What are those "can't miss" beers?
I agree. I have no idea what to try. Last couple of years I remember there being a couple of articles about "must tries" and I haven't seen that this year (although I haven't really looked).

What's on people's lists?
My top 10

Hair of the Dog - Adam
Upright Brewing - Saison Vert
Ladyface Ale Companie - Coquine, Chardonnay Barrel-Aged Belgian Tripel w. Brett.
Community Beer Works - Heatrays, Barleywine
Brasserie Dunham - Oro Zuur, Dry Hopped Golden Sour Ale
Folly Brewing - ULLA!, Dark Farmhouse Ale w. Raspberries
Royal City Brewing Co. - Pining For The Fjords, Norwegian Farmhouse Ale
Stone City Ales - Conundrum, Barrel Aged Sour Brown Ale w. Cherries
Tooth & Nail Brewing Company - Eerste, Blended Barrel-Aged Ale w. Brett.
Unflitered - Exile On North St, American IPA

plus both of our beers :)

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I added untappd ratings to OR/CA/NY. Some may find this useful.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

DeMarco wrote:I added untappd ratings to OR/CA/NY. Some may find this useful.

I don't put much weight into untappd, but I gotta start somewhere, so I appreciated this, thanks!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Does anyone know if the Oregon casks (Cascade, specifically) will be available throughout the festival? Or just at the event at Volo on Saturday night then at the Brickworks on Sunday? The event poster seems to imply the latter, but it's not clear...

nelson

Post by nelson »

Gavin wrote:Does anyone know if the Oregon casks (Cascade, specifically) will be available throughout the festival? Or just at the event at Volo on Saturday night then at the Brickworks on Sunday? The event poster seems to imply the latter, but it's not clear...
The cask days listing definitely has them on it so they should be there.

kingkobra

Post by kingkobra »

I have two extra tickets for Session #3 Early Access (Saturday 12pm) if anyone is interested.

Will sell them at face value. PM me.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

J343MY wrote:Make sure you guys all try our (Barncat) Durian Saison, as it may be the greatest beer mankind has ever created.
I plan on trying it but I feel like you're massaging the truth a little bit :roll: