Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

cans of arrogant bastard showing stock

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

spinrsx wrote:new

Beyond The Pale Aromatherapy IPA
LCBO#: 483388 | 473 mL can
$4.50
I had a case transferred to Mississauga and store wanted me to take the whole case.
If you are interested in some, please PM me.

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

Napalm Frog wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:There is just over half a case of Aromatherapy at Yonge and Eglinton....a case was transferred in for a customer (me) from Ottawa. So if anyone is in the area there is a bit to be had.
Any left? Is it just on the shelf or do you have to ask for it?
I grabbed a can around 6pm tiday, 3 left after that. I have family in Ottawa, and get Beyond the Pale occasionally. Aromatherapy is goddamned good fresh, but at 4.50 when we have Great Lakes is pure robbery. I'd say 3.75 is fair.

With releases like this, as a TO resident I can see why we'd be bitter at these releases, but some of these breweries are pretty solid, and are also good on capitalizing on the lack of a local market. Gatineau is still good ole Belgian style SAQ territory, so the experimentation is still novel (and well done). Hell, aside from Stone City in Kingston, dunno of anything that part of the province that can churn out solid taste.
Stalwart in Carleton Place is pretty damn good. And their Dr Feelgood is priced much better than BtP Aromatherapy.

I'd feel better about paying 4.50 for an IPA if they could put a freaking date on the can.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Listed on TBS website

MacLean's Low Gear sessionable low ABV golden ale

Outlaw 21 Lagered Ale

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Listed at LCBO, no stock showing

482059 / Skeleton Park Amber 6.6
462580 / Abe Erb Kolsch Style Lagered Ale

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Low 3.25 pricing aside, the Karma Citra is excellent. I didn't even put the first can in the fridge, this pungently hoppy delight is wonderfully put together, all class. Plenty of lemon and herbaceous florals from the hops.
How far GLB Ontario has come since the malty Devils Pale Ale (666) they put out 9 years ago. Beers like this really save on gas and border fees.
In Beerum Veritas

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Belgian wrote:How far GLB Ontario has come since the malty Devils Pale Ale (666) they put out 9 years ago.
I loved Devil's Pale Ale. Wish it was still available instead of Pompous Ass. Especially when it was fresh, it was really something.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PeenSteen wrote:I loved Devil's Pale Ale. Wish it was still available instead of Pompous Ass. Especially when it was fresh, it was really something.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt... hey they did a 666 beer before Bruce Dickenson / Trooper did!
And isn't it Iron-ic.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/robinsons- ... le/364608/
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

PeenSteen wrote:
Belgian wrote:How far GLB Ontario has come since the malty Devils Pale Ale (666) they put out 9 years ago.
I loved Devil's Pale Ale. Wish it was still available instead of Pompous Ass. Especially when it was fresh, it was really something.

I was also a huge fan of the Devils. I wish it was still around

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Isn't it in there retail store right now? They released it just before Halloween.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Isn't it in there retail store right now? They released it just before Halloween.
Yes.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new listing

CHARLIE WELLS DRY HOPPED LAGER
LCBO 476887 | 500 mL can
Price: $ 2.60

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Blasphomet wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:Isn't it in there retail store right now? They released it just before Halloween.
Yes.
Is GLB sending Devil's Pale Ale to LCBO?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

zane9 wrote:Is GLB sending Devil's Pale Ale to LCBO?
Brewery only.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Very pleasantly surprised to find Michel Jodoin Cidre Rose at a LCBO in Ancaster today. LCBO# 481473 | 750 mL bottle. Fantastic price on these. And a really great cidery. Any ine know if there are plans to bring in any more product?