Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Arabella Park Beer Bar - Kitchener

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

NRman
Bar Fly

Arabella Park Beer Bar - Kitchener

Post by NRman »

Somebody on here must have some info on this
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bar-food-hospita ... 1141321734
Date Listed 18-Feb-16
Address Kitchener, ON N2B 2B2, Canada
View map
Job Offered By Individual
Company Arabella Park Beer Bar
Job Type Full-Time
New Forward-Thinking Beer Bar Seeking Head Chef

About the job:
As a joint venture between a family in Kitchener Waterloo and the award-winning beer bar Stillwell in Halifax, Arabella Park seeks to be the best beer bar in the southern Ontario region. The food program will aim to be as Stillwell's is; cited nationally as an example of innovative and exciting "food for beer". Plates will generally be small, but there will be room for larger format projects, especially for special events.

This person must have:
- A passion for food culture and industry, for where it's been and where it's going.
- 10 years experience working in professional kitchens.
- At least 2 years experience running the show.
- A passion for collaboration.

This person will ideally have:
- A voice of their own in the kitchen and have something to say through their food.
- A passion for craft beer.
- A passion for travel; where have you been and what have you eaten?
- Management experience.
- Experience dealing with suppliers; farmers; chemical companies, etc.
- A passion for what can be done with beer and food; where can it be taken?

The tasks this person will have to perform:
- Development and daily execution, with your team, of a small but excellent food menu.
- Hiring the rest of the small kitchen staff; sous + cooks.
- Work with ownership + affiliated bar's chef to ensure success.
- Training and overseeing staff.
- Ensuring food safety for staff and customers.

This full time position start date will be in the month of May. Salary based on experience alongside generous tip offering.

Please respond to this ad with your resume and a bio about yourself. We want to know what makes you tick!

Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bar-food-hospita ... 1142259986
Date Listed 22-Feb-16
Address Kitchener-Waterloo, Waterloo Regional Municipality, ON
View map
Job Offered By Individual
Company Arabella Park Beer Bar
Job Type Full-Time
About the job:
As a joint venture between a family in Kitchener Waterloo and the award-winning beer bar Stillwell in Halifax, Arabella Park seeks to be the best beer bar in the southern Ontario region. The beer program will align with what we consider to be one of the best existing models for an outstanding regional beer bar. The focus will be a balanced yet rotating draught selection of the best craft beer and cider in Ontario, supplemented by exciting imports from out of province and one-off shipments from the US and beyond.

This person must have:

A passion for craft beer - both local and international, historical and modern.

This person will ideally have:

- Experience working in a craft-beer focused environment.
- A good knowledge of the Ontario craft beer scene.
- Existing relationships with craft beer industry professionals in Ontario.
- A good knowledge of the workings of a draught beer system.
- An excellent knowledge of beer styles and brewing processes.
- A level of Cicerone qualification.

The tasks this person will have to perform:

- Organize weekly beer deliveries from Ontario breweries.
- Work with management to maintain a well-balanced and exciting tap and bottle list for Arabella Park.
- Staff training - on draught beer system and beer styles.
- Work with management to cultivate and maintain relationships with breweries and agencies in and outside of Ontario, and with the LCBO.
- Ensure that beer is stored and served correctly, be it cold storage or cellaring.
- On occasion, identify beer that is not fit for service and remove it from rotation.

This person will also bartend for 30-40 hours a week and will be required to complete his or her additional duties outside of this time.

The starting date for this position will be during the month of May.

Please apply for this position by responding to this ad including your resume, references and cover letter telling us a bit about yourself.

Candidates under consideration will be contacted.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

The only info I was given was that there was a Bar Stillwell owned bar opening in town. I've been waiting since October to hear more. I was told it was opening on Belmont in the old Vincenzo's though.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Some more info. Looks like they're getting closer to open.

There's a Stillwell connection, though I'm not sure how much, originally heard it was Stillwell opening the bar here. The article says they mentored the father-daughter owners.

I'm looking forward to another beer-forward bar opening here.

Terry and Emma, this is stumbling distance from you, right?

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Kish84 wrote:Terry and Emma, this is stumbling distance from you, right?
Yup - 700m down the IHT.
Benefit of the doubt is fully extended to these good folks for sure.
A strong relationship with our local brewers, a fierce preference for Ontario craft, a willingness to demand quality craft regardless of geography, a strong straight arm to macros and pseudo craft, and a little humility will go a long way with us.... stay tuned for our review.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Arabella Park Beer Bar
Open date: Early fall
Natalie Schnurr, Co-Owner and General Manager (647-746-4776)

Hello CBC KW!

Arabella Park is forward thinking beer bar with the goal of advancing the culture of beer in Southern Ontario. We are a perfect fit for the ever-expanding Belmont Village community, filling the demand for an authentic craft beer bar in KW.

Below I've put together a press release that I truly believe the CBC audience would be interested in hearing about. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to oblige.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Natalie Schnurr
Co-Owner/General Manager
Arabella Park Beer Bar
647-746-4776

ARABELLA PARK BEER BAR - A new craft beer bar with an ever-changing tap list set to open in Belmont Village.

August 30, 2016 - A new, family-run beer bar named Arabella Park Beer Bar is opening at 740 Belmont Ave. W this fall. The group behind the bar wanted to create a home for dedicated craft beer fans, but also for anyone who might be interested in trying new beers that can’t be found on other taps throughout the city. With a rotating roster of 18 taps and two hand-pumped casks, the bar will offer a stellar assortment of some of the best craft beers in the province, country and North America. “The rise of craft beer opened up a whole new world of flavour that I thought only wine could possess, like chocolate, caramel, citrus and herbs”, says Bob Schnurr, Co-Owner of Arabella Park. “I’m utterly amazed with the potential for creativity and adventure with craft beer, like brewing with rhubarb and lavender or even hot chiles. I’ve found that these unique flavours pair so well with food and I’m excited to share this with KW.”

The menu will reflect their approach to beer, playing with fresh new takes on classic favourites and incorporating flavours from local vendors, whenever possible.

The idea of opening Arabella Park happened as many great ideas do: over a few beers. Having visited many craft beer bars throughout Ontario, it was a trip to Halifax’s award-winning Bar Stillwell that sealed the deal. From there, a partnership began with Stillwell serving as a mentor for the Schnurr’s as they venture into the world of craft beer.

Breakhouse Design, the designers of Stillwell, are creating a space inspired by European style, with a bright feel and a dash of femininity. The Schnurr’s want the atmosphere to be welcoming and comfortable with a few intimate spaces peppered in amongst communal tables, west-facing garage doors and a back-of-bar mezzanine for a bird’s eye view.

“Arabella Park will be your after work go-to pint with pals, the place to hit for a couple of drinks before dinner reservations in the village, as well as a late-night meeting place for great tunes, seasonal snacks and new beers tapped nightly.” says Natalie Schnurr, Co-Owner and General Manager.

That laid-back, friendly nature is one that comes naturally to the Schnurr’s, both experienced in hospitality, customer service and entrepreneurial ventures in the past. The father-daughter team make an unstoppable duo. A duo you’re going to want to have a beer with. Or maybe two. But that’s good news, because in the fall, you’re going to be able to do just that.

For questions, quotes and photo opportunities, contact:

Natalie Schnurr at 647-746-4776 or arabellapark.socials@gmail.com .

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @arabellaparkbar, or at Facebook.com/arabellaparkbar

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Open? Update?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

midlife crisis wrote:Open? Update?
not open yet but getting very close

very excited for when it does open, the space, tap lineup and food all look top notch

gonna be an amazing place

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Great, thanks. Looking forward to it too.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

So very excited about this place. Their pics on FB/Twitter look great.

One great thing about the KW area right now, pretty much all non-chain restaurants that have opened within the last 2 or so years have really put a focus on local craft beers. That being said, I still find myself only going to the Bent Elbow. This will change once Arabella opens.

I'm 10 minutes away from both places, just in different directions.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

opening this wednesday @ 6pm

pumped!

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

matt7215 wrote:opening this wednesday @ 6pm

pumped!
You going Matt? I'll be there. Let have a date :lol:
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Can i 3rd wheel? :D

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

distr0 wrote:Can i 3rd wheel? :D
lol, the more the merrier I say!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Damn, don't think I can make it tonight after all. I'll get out there soon for sure though, looks excellent

Is there a tap list or anything yet?

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

distr0 wrote:Damn, don't think I can make it tonight after all. I'll get out there soon for sure though, looks excellent

Is there a tap list or anything yet?
From what I can tell:

Clifford Porter
Blood Brothers Guilty Remnant (White Chocolate Stout)
Barncat Autumn Archer
Nickel Brook/Sawdust City (it says saison, but I thought this year is a tripel)
Stone Hammer Continuity
Nickel Brook Headstock
Bench Ball's Falls
Bellwoods Roman Candle
Barncat Eminence
Arabella Park/Wellington Zero (Rye PA)
Bench Clean Slate
Nickel Brook Naughty Neighbour
Bellwoods Jelly King
Arabella Park/HHOE Blueprint
Innocente Pils-sinner
Side Launch Mountain Lager
West Ave Cherriosity
West Ave Heritage Dry

All in all, a pretty stellar list. They had a soft open yday, saw pics on FB/Instagram/Twitter.

I won't be able to make it tonight, but will probably be there Friday or Saturday, or both.

Edit: I guess I should also mention limited amounts of Barncat Cat Reactivator will be available in bottles, and released at the brewery Friday.