Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

walz22

Post by walz22 »

ChrisK wrote:Has anyone confirmed that Cafe Bastardo is at Summerhill?
Nickel Brook shared this yesterday, so there appears to be quite a bit at Summerhill.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Still not available on the LCBO website though.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

admviolin wrote:Still not available on the LCBO website though.
man still not available.... wtf

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I'm sure it doesn't need to be said that it's out of our (NB's) hands...
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I gave up waiting and just went to summerhill the other day. You win this round LCBO.... :)

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

admviolin wrote:I gave up waiting and just went to summerhill the other day. You win this round LCBO.... :)

It's available on line now ;)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

new and in stock

Flying Monkeys Super Collider 2.0
LCBO#: 498709 | 473 mL can
$4.95

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

spinrsx wrote:new and in stock

Flying Monkeys Super Collider 2.0
LCBO#: 498709 | 473 mL can
$4.95
i guess this hasnt been available for awhile here? all the ratebeer reviews are from spain, greece and columbus ohio. will this have the same complaints as aromatherapy about the cost? this one does have 10.4% abv, which adds value for some

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Bought a few bottles of this a few years ago. Got a couple ounces into the first one then poured the rest away, wretched stuff. I found it completely unbalanced, and this was when FM was making some fairly decent beers. The other two bottles went back to lcbo.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Bought a few bottles of this a few years ago. Got a couple ounces into the first one then poured the rest away, wretched stuff. I found it completely unbalanced, and this was when FM was making some fairly decent beers. The other two bottles went back to lcbo.
I noticed this one is named Super Collider 2.0 though, so perhaps (hopefully) the recipe has been improved. I didn't try it when it was out before, but I bought a can of this release so we'll see how it goes.
spinrsx wrote:New:

Same price as the DDC stout..

Dieu Du Ciel! Grande Noirceur
LCBO#: 491142 | 4 x 341 mL bottle
$13.75
Can confirm this one is on shelf at the Ellesmere/Vic Park store, just picked up a 4 pack today. Looking forward to trying it.

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

seangm wrote:

$13.75
Can confirm this one is on shelf at the Ellesmere/Vic Park store, just picked up a 4 pack today. Looking forward to trying it.
Saw this message and picked up a pack of this on my way home from work. Never tried it but had Peche for the first time recently, one of the best. Anyone know if this holds a candle to it?

Hopefully there will be more coming as I think there were only 3 or 4 packs left.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

ry_kinney wrote:
seangm wrote:

$13.75
Saw this message and picked up a pack of this on my way home from work. Never tried it but had Peche for the first time recently, one of the best. Anyone know if this holds a candle to it?

Hopefully there will be more coming as I think there were only 3 or 4 packs left.
This is a really nice stout. I dig it. Aphro is great also.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

ry_kinney wrote:
seangm wrote:

$13.75

Peche is a different beast with the coffee infusion. Noirceur is a good one too, though I've only ever had it on tap. Peche just isn't quite the same out of bottle I find. Still definitely going to pick up a pack of Noirceur when it's more widely available.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Provost Drunk wrote:Peche just isn't quite the same out of bottle I find.
I find all iterations of Péché Mortel different, and bottle-conditioned is my favorite.

Bottled Péché > Draught Péché > Bottled Péché Fut Bourbon > Nitro Draught or Cask Péché.

It must be the texture of the bottle conditioning plus the advantages of aging. It's a great beer in any case.
In Beerum Veritas

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Always interesting to hear different perspectives. Personally, I love Peche on nitro; it adds great texture. But I would agree that this is a world class beer in all formats.

Which reminds me - Peche Day is next weekend. One of the years, I hope the cognac barrel aged variation finds its way outside of the Province of Quebec (or, in the alternative, I find myself in Quebec for Peche Day)!