Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

FT: Cascade Elderberry x12 ISO: Vintage Lambic

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

gnr234

FT: Cascade Elderberry x12 ISO: Vintage Lambic

Post by gnr234 »

FT: Cascade Elderberry + Cash
ISO: Vintage Lambic 750s

I am open to trading a few bottles but I would much rather trade bottle(s) + cash on my end for a nice vintage

I already have lots of 2015, 2016, etc. Cantillon, Hansenns, Tilquin, Etc.

Looking for old 3F geuze or kriek, old loons (fou, LPG, LPK, Vigneronne, possibly other grape blends)

DM me, I am picky about beer but reasonable about trade values :)

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

US shelf turd for vintage lambic?

Bonne Chance!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

gnr234 wrote:FT: Cascade Elderberry + Cash
ISO: Vintage Lambic 750s

I am open to trading a few bottles but I would much rather trade bottle(s) + cash on my end for a nice vintage

I already have lots of 2015, 2016, etc. Cantillon, Hansenns, Tilquin, Etc.

Looking for old 3F geuze or kriek, old loons (fou, LPG, LPK, Vigneronne, possibly other grape blends)

DM me, I am picky about beer but reasonable about trade values :)
i have a Cantillon lambic bio x 750 mL

a 1 for 12 trade sound reasonable to you?

i also have a bottle of 2016 Carignan. you might want to define what a loon is. Lou Pepe and Vigneronne ain't loons, sir.

matgor

Post by matgor »

Hmm call me dense but if Lou Pepe's and vigneronne aren't loons then what are?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Pretty sure north americans call all Cantillon beers "loons" since they probably don't know how to pronounce Cantillon.

Maybe you're confusing the word loons with whalez, bro.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Cantillon, rhymes with Pantaloons? :lol:

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

It stems from an old Beer Advocate post from a trade-rapey troll that used to call them Cantiloon out of ignorance.

Was entertaining, and somehow the term stuck or years.

#TheMoreYouKnow :)

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

matgor wrote:Hmm call me dense but if Lou Pepe's and vigneronne aren't loons then what are?
*rolls up beer snob sleeves*

the fact that i have a Carignan in my house should answer your question and stop further questions.
a cease and desist, if you will.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I have a number of questions.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

FT: An LCBO beer and some cash.

ISO: Something you probably worked much harder to procure

Beer trading in 2017, folks.

matgor

Post by matgor »

atomeyes wrote:
matgor wrote:Hmm call me dense but if Lou Pepe's and vigneronne aren't loons then what are?

the fact that i have a Carignan in my house should answer your question and stop further questions.
Well now I'm really confused.....if I understand what you are saying the bottle of Carignan at your house is a "loon" but the lpf,lpk and fou at mine aren't. If those bottles were at your house would they be "loons"? Now they are older bottles not new ones like your 2016, does that matter?

What about the blabaer that one of the previous posters has at his house...is that a "loon"?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

matgor wrote:
atomeyes wrote:

Well now I'm really confused.....if I understand what you are saying the bottle of Carignan at your house is a "loon" but the lpf,lpk and fou at mine aren't. If those bottles were at your house would they be "loons"? Now they are older bottles not new ones like your 2016, does that matter?

What about the blabaer that one of the previous posters has at his house...is that a "loon"?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
no one posted a Blaeber. but yes, Blaeber is a loon. released on 1 day in a limited release. definition of loon.
the Lou Pepe series can all be purchased in early fall at the brewery. 2 years ago, i came home with 3 LP Frambois. i've come home with 6 FouFoune.
i wouldn't even call those whales, but they're great beer.
Carignan is an at-brewery bottle made in limited quantities. that, the vin jaune, the d'anis, the gewurtzraminer...different degrees of loons.

my label's a white computer print-out generic label. again, not meant for sale.

and no, not a brag attempt here. just explaining a bit how things at Cantillon work and the lambic availability.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

WTF is going on here. 'loon is a bad abbreviation of Cantillon. All Cantillons are loons. All not-cantillons are not loons. EOF

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

distr0 wrote:WTF is going on here. 'loon is a bad abbreviation of Cantillon. All Cantillons are loons. All not-cantillons are not loons. EOF
now, most people talk about loons and whales and not in reference to Cantillon slang.
so you making the trade? yes or no

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Nobody talks in terms of loons meaning non-Cantillon.