Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2017 Spring Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

Spring Seasonal Craft Beer Release 2017
What beer products will be part of the Seasonal Beer Program this Spring?

Beginning the week of March 1st, we have a new selection of Seasonal Craft Beers. The Spring Seasonal Release products are available in participating Premium Specialty Beer locations, while supplies last.

Here is a list of products available through this program:

LCBO 287490 Triple Karmeliet, Strong Belguim Ale - 330 ml - BELGIUM
LCBO 480830 Tulsa Twister Farmhouse Saison - 500 ml - DENMARK
LCBO 318758 Cuvee des Jacobins Belgian Lambic Ale - 330 ml - BELGIUM
LCBO 406421 Green Devil Premium English IPA- 500 ml - UNITED KINGDOM
LCBO 483180 Uerige Alt - 330ml - GERMANY
LCBO 224824 Lindeman's Cuvee Renee - 355 ml - BELGIUM
LCBO 441923 Cheval Blanc Double Blanche - 750 ml - CANADA
LCBO 270389 Dominus Vobiscum Lupulus - 750 ml - CANADA
LCBO 409458 Ayinger Weizen-Bock -500 ml - GERMANY
LCBO 480848 Steamworks Jasmine IPA - 650 ml - CANADA
LCBO 483149 Le Trou Du Diable La Saison Du Tracteur - 600 ml - CANADA
LCBO 492041 Doppel Hirsch Doppelbock - 500 ml - GERMANY

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

So the Kloster Doppelbock has been dropped?

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Ceecee wrote:So the Kloster Doppelbock has been dropped?
Very disappointing if that's the case - this is the beer I was most looking forward to trying from the release.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Picked up some dominus vobiscum lupulus on clearance in Milton for $8.30 today. And a couple more old Rasputin which at $7 for a 650ml is a great value compared to KBS. Still available on lcbo online too

Ps I have a couple of old Rasputin for trade ;)

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

Maybe not the most exciting release, but I'm enjoying the Uerige Alt.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Inkling wrote:Maybe not the most exciting release, but I'm enjoying the Uerige Alt.

I hear that, nothing overly exciting about it, but fuck it's a tasty ass drink. A real reminder that something subtle can really be outstanding too.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Old Rasputin - incredibly good stuff for a $7 bomber of Russian Imperial Stout. From the USA no less.

The hops do have teeth, it's a classic RIS but the balance is definitely there in the chocolate and rich roasty malt.
In Beerum Veritas

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

Belgian wrote:The Old Rasputin - incredibly good stuff for a $7 bomber of Russian Imperial Stout. From the USA no less.

The hops do have teeth, it's a classic RIS but the balance is definitely there in the chocolate and rich roasty malt.
This is one of the better deals for an imported RIS. I prefer the flavours found here compared to the sweeter fudgey type imperial stouts.