Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cameron's

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Cameron's

Post by S. St. Jeb »

sofakingdrunk wrote:I've noticed over the last little while that Cameron's has been rebranding their beers and switching to canned products, anybody have any idea if the RPA will go the same way. It's probably the one Cameron's product that would really benefit from this......and hopefully ensure more fresh stock

Russell v R

Post by Russell v R »

I am completely unimpressed with Cameron's commitment to fresh stock. I tweeted them that the RPA at my local beerstore was over 13 months old. They tweeted back that they would replace the beer but over a month later they hadn't. So i tweeted them again. A few weeks later the 13 month old stock was replaced with 4 month old stock. Suffice to say I haven't been supporting them since.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I hear that, I dont remember the last time i've seen fresh RPA......or even close to fresh. I'd wager to say it was probably back when it use to be in bombers at the lcbo, maybe 3 years ago. A real shame, because I do love it when it's fresh

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

If you haven't tried the two new BA Barleywines from Camerons you should.

Both the Early Bird Breakfast and Where the Buffalo Roam are legit.

I did a side by side with Where the Buffalo Roam and DDC Solstice d'Hiver bourbon and there was no doubt.....Where the Buffalo roam was head and shoulders above it.

Also, at $7.25 and $7 each.....great value.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

I grabbed Early Bird at the bar near my place last week, was pleasantly surprised. Pretty damned tasty.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

BakaGaijin wrote:If you haven't tried the two new BA Barleywines from Camerons you should.

I did a side by side with Where the Buffalo Roam and DDC Solstice d'Hiver bourbon and there was no doubt.....Where the Buffalo roam was head and shoulders above it.

Im surprised. Are these still available?

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Yes, a few cases of each were in the fridge yesterday. Could be more in the back too as fridge was full

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

BakaGaijin wrote:If you haven't tried the two new BA Barleywines from Camerons you should.

Quite intrigued by these. Cameron's is a weird brewery in my eyes, sometimes I forget they exist, and other times they release truly excellent beers. They've had success with barrel aging before, Obsidian and Deviator Oak Aged were very good. RPA was a regular go-to for me. They release some knockouts, but then seem to go for stretches at a time just pushing the core lineup with a few "meh" specialty packs (their Black Forest was just a repackaged Dark 266 for instance). The rebranding of their core lineup seemed like the perfect opportunity to can the RPA, but it seems to be discontinued for the time being. Hopefully these new barley wines are a sign of some more exciting things to come...

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

They have a foudre and released a saison that was aged in it. It was good. Not great....but worth a try if you are there anyways.