Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

FT: Founders KBS; ISO: Trillium, Treehouse...

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

IPA_Lover

FT: Founders KBS; ISO: Trillium, Treehouse...

Post by IPA_Lover »

I have a couple extra bottles of Founders KBS from the now sold out LCBO release and was looking for something from Trillium or Treehouse in trade.

Edit: Or anything else the beer geek community feels is an adequate trade taking into consideration recent releases, bottling dates, type of yeast, amount of lupulin powder used, km's traveled to obtain said beer, ratebeer score, how hard said beer name is to pronounce etc, etc.

I get this won't appeal to 99% of people on here who have KBS already, I'm just looking for the 1 guy who just got back from MA and missed out.

Please msg if interested.

Cheers
Last edited by IPA_Lover on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Dream on.

portwood

Post by portwood »

If you're going to dream ... dream BIG :lol:
@markhamwhisky

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

portwood wrote:If you're going to dream ... dream BIG :lol:
That's what I always say.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

IPA_Lover wrote:I have a couple extra bottles of Founders KBS from the now sold out LCBO release and was looking for something from Trillium or Treehouse in trade.

Please msg if interested.

Cheers
just do us all a favour and drainpour the KBS and don't waste anyone's time pls

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Never hurts to put the feelers out. It's a hard sell to Ontario folks, though, based on KBS being a shelfie. Maybe try posting to the Beer Trade Canada ISO:FT group on Facebook. You might not get exactly what you are looking for, but you could definitely get some decent out of province/other US stuff out of it.

portwood

Post by portwood »

boney wrote:Never hurts to put the feelers out. It's a hard sell to Ontario folks, though, based on KBS being a shelfie. Maybe try posting to the Beer Trade Canada ISO:FT group on Facebook. You might not get exactly what you are looking for, but you could definitely get some decent out of province/other US stuff out of it.
All joking aside, this is the most valid point so far.
3 months ago KBS would have been much more valuable to Ontario beer drinkers. A couple of weeks since ~9000 bottles flooded the market, not so much. Any Ontario beer geek that really wanted a KBS would have found more than enough to stock for a while.

The time to offer something up to trade isn't just after its been on the shelves in said market :wink:
@markhamwhisky

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

portwood wrote:
boney wrote:Never hurts to put the feelers out. It's a hard sell to Ontario folks, though, based on KBS being a shelfie. Maybe try posting to the Beer Trade Canada ISO:FT group on Facebook. You might not get exactly what you are looking for, but you could definitely get some decent out of province/other US stuff out of it.
All joking aside, this is the most valid point so far.
3 months ago KBS would have been much more valuable to Ontario beer drinkers. A couple of weeks since ~9000 bottles flooded the market, not so much. Any Ontario beer geek that really wanted a KBS would have found more than enough to stock for a while.

The time to offer something up to trade isn't just after its been on the shelves in said market :wink:
i think that LOLing is, to be frank, at the arrogance and foolishness of the OP.
he just bought something that flooded the market, that most beergeeks had reasonable access to. and then he's trying to trade it for something that most Ontarians have little to no access to.
kind of nervy.

this is where beerdrinkers jump the shark. buy your fucking beer to drink and enjoy. these aren't bitcoins. it's like the countless stories of dummies bringing cases of Heady up to Toronto and hoping to trade or resell for profit, only to find out no one wants it, and they sit there and watch it age. delicious, delicious beer karma.

if you're going to buy extra KBS for trade, at least do it with some prior knowledge as to where one should post trade requests. this not quite at Armand&Tomme or W12 levels, but i'm sure we'll get close

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Wow it' s like I threw a piece of meat to a pack of rabid wolves. Calm the f**k down people (Atomeyes). I've never seen so much vitriol over a stupid beer trade offer when a lot worse has been posted in the past. I feel like someone is going to throw a tulip glass at me. To quote Atomeyes, I think this whole forum has "jumped the shark" if this is the kind of community it's given rise to.

Maybe someone who has a bunch of Treehouse or Trillium missed out on the KBS release? Is that not in the realm of possibility? I was looking for a couple effing cans and just throwing it out there. Until a few weeks ago this would've been a reasonable offer so get off your high horses. I knew this forum was pretentious, but man. I'm happy to remove the post if it would calm the pitchfork and torch burning hordes and allow you all to get back to trading your rare lambics for other rare lambics. Feel free to share your "Beer trading 101" rules for everyone though Atomeyes since you seem to have taken such a keen interest in this post. I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from a "Beer Superstar". Glad I didn't offer up something from an Ontario brewery or you might've had a heart attack!

BTW I have a bunch of W12 if you're interested. I think I've even traded with you in the past which is the funny part. Guess I'm a little rusty.
Last edited by IPA_Lover on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I'm an Ontario beer geek and I wasn't even close to getting a KBS in the whole piddly 9000 bottles released. I guess if I wanted to drive the better part of 2 hours I could have but this is a huge province and that was a huge overstatement.

That said unfortunately TS I have no trillium or Treehouse to trade but I certainly hold no ill will towards the feeler you put out.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

CoolB wrote:I'm an Ontario beer geek and I wasn't even close to getting a KBS in the whole piddly 9000 bottles released. I guess if I wanted to drive the better part of 2 hours I could have but this is a huge province and that was a huge overstatement.

That said unfortunately TS I have no trillium or Treehouse to trade but I certainly hold no ill will towards the feeler you put out.
You sir, are no beer geek if you couldn't get your hands on a bottle from this release. Don't you know everyone who's anyone has one?

That being said, thanks! Now what's your trade offer? :D
^^^Hop-head ^^^

CoolB

Post by CoolB »

IPA_Lover wrote:
CoolB wrote:I'm an Ontario beer geek and I wasn't even close to getting a KBS in the whole piddly 9000 bottles released. I guess if I wanted to drive the better part of 2 hours I could have but this is a huge province and that was a huge overstatement.

You sir, are no beer geek if you couldn't get your hands on a bottle from this release. Don't you know everyone who's anyone has one?

That being said, thanks! Now what's your trade offer? :D
I have a bottle of schnapps that's open and probably 20 years old.

LOL

I'm terrible for trades. Nothing lasts long in my cellar.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Well it's aged so I'll consider it. If there's one thing I've learned in all these years of horrible beer trades it's that aged = valuable! :o
^^^Hop-head ^^^

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

IPA_Lover wrote:Wow it' s like I threw a piece of meat to a pack of rabid wolves. Calm the f**k down people (Atomeyes). I've never seen so much vitriol over a stupid beer trade offer when a lot worse has been posted in the past. I feel like someone is going to throw a tulip glass at me. To quote Atomeyes, I think this whole forum has "jumped the shark" if this is the kind of community it's given rise to.

Maybe someone who has a bunch of Treehouse or Trillium missed out on the KBS release? Is that not in the realm of possibility? I was looking for a couple effing cans and just throwing it out there. Until a few weeks ago this would've been a reasonable offer so get off your high horses. I knew this forum was pretentious, but man. I'm happy to remove the post if it would calm the pitchfork and torch burning hordes and allow you all to get back to trading your rare lambics for other rare lambics. Feel free to share your "Beer trading 101" rules for everyone though Atomeyes since you seem to have taken such a keen interest in this post. I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from a "Beer Superstar". Glad I didn't offer up something from an Ontario brewery or you might've had a heart attack!

BTW I have a bunch of W12 if you're interested. I think I've even traded with you in the past which is the funny part. Guess I'm a little rusty.
yeah. not sure if you get it.
but anyways, good luck. hope you find your Trillium. if not, you can always return your KBS to the LCBO. they won't even ask you how you stored it (in your car trunk on a hot summer day).

if you're worrying about jumping the shark, then maybe buy with the intention to drink on your own and not to use as currency. again, as someone who bought 4 for Belgian friends, i don't have much of an issue of picking up a pack for friends, whether close or abroad. but buying something with no real plan? yeah, call elitist if you like. i'd just leave that beer for someone to appreciate.

in the end, it's just beer. and i think beer's best to be enjoyed with friends and loved ones and not for ticking or aimlessly hoarding. once you treat it like currency, it really devalues the point of the beer.

which brings me to my original point: just buy the fucking beer to drink or to give to someone to enjoy. which is apparently not what you intended to do. hence, the headshake.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

atomeyes wrote:
IPA_Lover wrote:Wow it' s like I threw a piece of meat to a pack of rabid wolves. Calm the f**k down people (Atomeyes). I've never seen so much vitriol over a stupid beer trade offer when a lot worse has been posted in the past. I feel like someone is going to throw a tulip glass at me. To quote Atomeyes, I think this whole forum has "jumped the shark" if this is the kind of community it's given rise to.

yeah. not sure if you get it.
but anyways, good luck. hope you find your Trillium. if not, you can always return your KBS to the LCBO. they won't even ask you how you stored it (in your car trunk on a hot summer day).

if you're worrying about jumping the shark, then maybe buy with the intention to drink on your own and not to use as currency. again, as someone who bought 4 for Belgian friends, i don't have much of an issue of picking up a pack for friends, whether close or abroad. but buying something with no real plan? yeah, call elitist if you like. i'd just leave that beer for someone to appreciate.

in the end, it's just beer. and i think beer's best to be enjoyed with friends and loved ones and not for ticking or aimlessly hoarding. once you treat it like currency, it really devalues the point of the beer.

which brings me to my original point: just buy the fucking beer to drink or to give to someone to enjoy. which is apparently not what you intended to do. hence, the headshake.
I guess I don't get it but neither do you. I'm glad you think know exactly what I bought the beer for. Just to clarify since you took it upon yourself to incorrectly assume, I bought a measly 8 bottles and was just looking to trade a couple away. I fully plan to enjoy the majority of the beer by myself and with "friends and loved ones". Obviously this isn't the trade for you (or trading in general apparently) but it might appeal to someone else out there and that's all I was looking for. Maybe I'll even give the two bottles away as I found it a bit underwhelming given all the hype surrounding it. It's up there and maybe it needs more time but certainly wasn't the best bourbon barrel-aged stout I've ever had. As others have pointed out, similar beers here in Ontario certainly give it a run for the money these days.

Belgian friends huh? Man you really hit all the beer elitist checkboxes. Let me know if they pass any Cantillon your way. I'll keep those extra KBS bottles around just in case they really like it. Fair trade right? :wink:
^^^Hop-head ^^^