FT: Founders KBS; ISO: Trillium, Treehouse...

Connect with others in the community to make private trades of beer, tickets or other brewing paraphernalia.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: FT: Founders KBS; ISO: Trillium, Treehouse

Postby atomeyes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:49 pm

IPA_Lover wrote:
I guess I don't get it but neither do you. I'm glad you think know exactly what I bought the beer for. Just to clarify since you took it upon yourself to incorrectly assume, I bought a measly 8 bottles and was just looking to trade a couple away. I fully plan to enjoy the majority of the beer by myself and with "friends and loved ones". Obviously this isn't the trade for you (or trading in general apparently) but it might appeal to someone else out there and that's all I was looking for. Maybe I'll even give the two bottles away as I found it a bit underwhelming given all the hype surrounding it. It's up there and maybe it needs more time but certainly wasn't the best bourbon barrel-aged stout I've ever had. As others have pointed out, similar beers here in Ontario certainly give it a run for the money these days.

Belgian friends huh? Man you really hit all the beer elitist checkboxes. Let me know if they pass any Cantillon your way. I'll keep those extra KBS bottles around just in case they really like it. Fair trade right? :wink:


this gave me a good laugh.

so, just a reminder: if you want to trade your KBS, as i suggested above, you are best to do it on another FB page or website. part of the reason why you're getting some groans.
you didn't have a plan because you have no idea where to trade it, who to trade it with, etc.

and if you found this batch of KBS underwhelming? return it to the LCBO at once. all of it. please.
IPA_Lover
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Toronto

Re: FT: Founders KBS; ISO: Trillium, Treehouse

Postby IPA_Lover » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:55 pm

atomeyes wrote:[

this gave me a good laugh.

so, just a reminder: if you want to trade your KBS, as i suggested above, you are best to do it on another FB page or website. part of the reason why you're getting some groans.
you didn't have a plan because you have no idea where to trade it, who to trade it with, etc.

and if you found this batch of KBS underwhelming? return it to the LCBO at once. all of it. please.


I'll have you know I'm a Level 2 Prud'homme Beer Specialist so I know exactly what I'm doing, ok? I really appreciate the advice though. You should ask Cass to update the trading guidelines to help others avoid the same mistake I've apparently made.

Btw I thought you wanted me to drain pour it. Now you say return it. Make up your mind.

Cheers
^^^Hop-head ^^^
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: Mississauga
Contact:

Re: FT: Founders KBS; ISO: Trillium, Treehouse

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 pm

portwood wrote:
boney wrote:Never hurts to put the feelers out. It's a hard sell to Ontario folks, though, based on KBS being a shelfie. Maybe try posting to the Beer Trade Canada ISO:FT group on Facebook. You might not get exactly what you are looking for, but you could definitely get some decent out of province/other US stuff out of it.

All joking aside, this is the most valid point so far.
3 months ago KBS would have been much more valuable to Ontario beer drinkers. A couple of weeks since ~9000 bottles flooded the market, not so much. Any Ontario beer geek that really wanted a KBS would have found more than enough to stock for a while.

The time to offer something up to trade isn't just after its been on the shelves in said market :wink:

I will echo that this was an extremely valid point amid all of the nonsense in this thread.

To give my perspective (as person who has a fridge full of the north east hops that the OP was looking for FWIW) boney was bang on. If this was posted on BA, the OP would probably get some interest from someone in MA who couldn't get KBS but can just drive 15 minutes to Trillium and pick up cans without any hassle. Of course, this would require shipping. The trade itself is not unreasonable, but in the current Ontario market, it's going to be tough to pull this off. Very tough, in fact.

Chances are that if you are living in Ontario and drive 8+ hours to MA to grab some IPAs, you probably also went the hour or less out of your way to secure some KBS. But you never know...

Good luck OP.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Bitcoin is the plural of Bitcoin...

Postby Belgian » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 pm

I returned a few KBS and later learned that as of March the LCBO unnecessarily destroys ALL returned beer (regardless how quickly it is brought back) thanks to their latest innovative ideas about retailing responsibility & beer quality / freshness (suddenly this is a thing after decades of selling shelf turds and putting beers into sunny window displays - oh no wait they still do that.)

And I, too found it a lackluster beer for $7.25 or truthfully even if it were less. Sorry Founders.

But might as well give it away or trade it since it's rare and people want it. That's my 'non Prud'homme Beer Specialist' opinion. 8)

Someone wrote:This is where beerdrinkers jump the shark. buy your fucking beer to drink and enjoy. these aren't bitcoins.

But aren't you treating the beers he wants to trade for just like Bitcoin?

Trade and buy and drink what the heck you want, people. You have my permission - and I am a 'BT Legend', LOL.
In Beerum Veritas
IPA_Lover
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Bitcoin is the plural of Bitcoin...

Postby IPA_Lover » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 am

Belgian wrote: But might as well give it away or trade it since it's rare and people want it. That's my 'non Prud'homme Beer Specialist' opinion. 8)

Trade and buy and drink what the heck you want, people. You have my permission - and I am a 'BT Legend', LOL.


LOL...that was just me trying to add a little levity to the thread before it completely devolved into madness if it hadn't already. You're right though, at the end of the day people can do with their beer whatever the hell they want. Did I know it was a little presumptuous to post such a trade offer right after the KBS release here? Yeah but so what? It's valid on its own terms if you discount the recent release. I have every right to post it here regardless of what the "BT Superstars & Legends" think.

In fact I've received a trade offer so I guess I didn't need to take this elsewhere after all. Looking forward to the next one. Happy to see so much spirited debate over a couple bottles of KBS. :roll:
^^^Hop-head ^^^
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Bitcoin is the plural of Bitcoin...

Postby atomeyes » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 am

IPA_Lover wrote:
Belgian wrote: But might as well give it away or trade it since it's rare and people want it. That's my 'non Prud'homme Beer Specialist' opinion. 8)

Trade and buy and drink what the heck you want, people. You have my permission - and I am a 'BT Legend', LOL.


LOL...that was just me trying to add a little levity to the thread before it completely devolved into madness if it hadn't already. You're right though, at the end of the day people can do with their beer whatever the hell they want. Did I know it was a little presumptuous to post such a trade offer right after the KBS release here? Yeah but so what? It's valid on its own terms if you discount the recent release. I have every right to post it here regardless of what the "BT Superstars & Legends" think.

In fact I've received a trade offer so I guess I didn't need to take this elsewhere after all. Looking forward to the next one. Happy to see so much spirited debate over a couple bottles of KBS. :roll:


so you're done, then, trying to insult others over your silliness?
good.

if you didn't get the hint: this was not the best forum for it. beeradvocate would have been smarter. so you can stop with your Prud'home/Superstar talk. no one gives a shit about that. you made a gaffe. others pointed it out. learn and stop continuing on with your dumb responses. it's just painful to read and i can't believe that i've taken the time to reply to any of this.
ps happy easter
CoolB
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Bitcoin is the plural of Bitcoin...

Postby CoolB » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:39 am

atomeyes wrote:
IPA_Lover wrote:
Belgian wrote: But might as well give it away or trade it since it's rare and people want it. That's my 'non Prud'homme Beer Specialist' opinion. 8)

Trade and buy and drink what the heck you want, people. You have my permission - and I am a 'BT Legend', LOL.


LOL...that was just me trying to add a little levity to the thread before it completely devolved into madness if it hadn't already. You're right though, at the end of the day people can do with their beer whatever the hell they want. Did I know it was a little presumptuous to post such a trade offer right after the KBS release here? Yeah but so what? It's valid on its own terms if you discount the recent release. I have every right to post it here regardless of what the "BT Superstars & Legends" think.

In fact I've received a trade offer so I guess I didn't need to take this elsewhere after all. Looking forward to the next one. Happy to see so much spirited debate over a couple bottles of KBS. :roll:


so you're done, then, trying to insult others over your silliness?
good.

if you didn't get the hint: this was not the best forum for it. beeradvocate would have been smarter. so you can stop with your Prud'home/Superstar talk. no one gives a shit about that. you made a gaffe. others pointed it out. learn and stop continuing on with your dumb responses. it's just painful to read and i can't believe that i've taken the time to reply to any of this.
ps happy easter


From an outsiders perspective it's you that needs to stop. Sorry but this is petty bullshit filling the forums. Not one single negative reply to the original post was ever necessary. Not one. Did I need to be involved here? Probably not but the arrogance in here just got to me.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1670
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: FT: Founders KBS; ISO: Trillium, Treehouse...

Postby Craig » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Alright, I think that's about enough for this thread.

Return to “Beer Trading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests