Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak Nutcracker

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

antirealist

Black Oak Nutcracker

Post by antirealist »

Has this delicious seasonal hit the taps yet? And if so, where can I get me some?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

When I talked to Ken at the Volo Cask day, they hadn't started brewing it yet, but he said it should be ready around mid to late november.

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

Thanks. In the meantime I'll try to tame my Nutcracker cravings with Chocolate Cherry Stout.

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

BTW, at C'est What this afternoon they told me that the Nutcracker would be replacing the Chocolate Cherry Stout when it was done. Now I'm the sort of guy who's always thinking of other people, so I made a valiant solo attempt to empty the keg of CCS. Unfortunately, in the end I had to admit defeat. I'll try harder next time.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

antirealist wrote:Now I'm the sort of guy who's always thinking of other people, so I made a valiant solo attempt to empty the keg of CCS. Unfortunately, in the end I had to admit defeat. I'll try harder next time.
Well, you sure took one for the team! :D

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I'm really looking forward to the Nutcracker's return. It is always a highlight of my beer drinking year.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

Bump!

Any sign of it yet?

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Everyone.
We are moving our Nutcracker Porter into the pubs.
We'll have three casks ready for Caffe Volo with the stipulation that I get some.

We will be getting labels for the nutcracker soon and bottled Nutcracker will be available hopefully by the 9th. My Seasonal boxes will probably be ready by January. Good thing I started working on this artwork in October.
(That's a supplier related dig :evil: )
We already have 1/2 of this years cases pre sold.
It will be available at my retail store (ONCE IT IS LABELLED)
but i can drop cases to your house in the Toronto Area.

I've made some new Nutcracker tap handles with a brand name on the top.
Look for kegs at:
Beer Bistro
Rebel House
Bow & Arrow
Dr. Generosity (Old Rebel Chop!!!!)
Victory Cafe.

I hope you enjoy.
Please save me some

thanx & Cheers
Ken

PS have a safe & happy festive season!!!!!!!

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:We already have 1/2 of this years cases pre sold.
It will be available at my retail store (ONCE IT IS LABELLED)
but i can drop cases to your house in the Toronto Area.
Ken, I hope I'm reading your message correctly and that you are saying we can purchase cases of the Nutcracker from you? If that's the case then I would gladly buy a case. Please let me know how I go about doing that if I can't make my way to Black Oak. Post here or send me an instant message. Thanks.
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:We are moving our Nutcracker Porter into the pubs.
We'll have three casks ready for Caffe Volo with the stipulation that I get some.

We will be getting labels for the nutcracker soon and bottled Nutcracker will be available hopefully by the 9th.
Great News! Not for me of course, because I leave town next week and won't be back till Christmas. But anyway, Great News!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

What's in the seasonal boxes?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Responsible Drinker wrote:What's in the seasonal boxes?
I think Ken meant that he's getting generic "seasonal" boxes made that he will use to sell all of his different seasonal releases.

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

I had a few pints last night at beerbistro. What a lovely batch of beer, Ken. Rich and strong.

Congratulations!

-Uncle Bobby
::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's ma-a-a-gic!"

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Dr. Generosity (Old Rebel Chop!!!!)
Has anyone been there lately? What else do they have on tap?
I've only been once to the "Doctor", but that was when it first opened and I can't remember that far back.

And where do we order the Black Oak porter? Details please....I can't pass up on a chance for such a great, LOCAL, seasonal????

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:Hi Everyone.

We will be getting labels for the nutcracker soon and bottled Nutcracker will be available hopefully by the 9th. We already have 1/2 of this years cases pre sold. It will be available at my retail store (ONCE IT IS LABELLED) but i can drop cases to your house in the Toronto Area.
!
FYI Ken: ( or anyone planing on storing the bottled product)...I just found 6 bottles of Nutcracker I had cached had unknowingly in my cellar/cooer from last year's bottled lot. Even though it was kept at about 45 deg. F , I was ready to sink pour them as I had bought them about this time last year and being unpasturized I thought they were probably stale, sour or ruined.....my better side told me to try one first...which to my surprise was as pleasant as I first sampled it a year ago or possibly improved a bit.

These lasted the year but I'd hate to push them to 2 years :wink: I look forward to tasting the year olds against the fresh Nutcracker.

BTW: Thanks for this great spicy porter Ken.
Aventinus rules!