Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Crossroads (Weston & 401) clearance section

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I'll have to have another one and see what my findings are. This is one of my favourite styles, I was a bit disappointed from this pick up. Thanks for clarification on the slow gush!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I had a case of each, and every single bottle gushed. Many weren't slow either, so open with caution.

Tasty beers though.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

While I won't call the Sigma I opened a gusher at all, it had a slight over-bubble (not even a spill really) and I poured some immediately into a big glass expecting this. Any prudent man would consider that a reasonable precaution wth an unfamiliar Belgian. 8)

The bottle had rested still for days so YMMV, and it was at room temperature. So tasty on day two as well by the way,

And since Peter paid the deposit subsidizing the cost of these fine brews for us, cheers and rest in peace Mr. Lopaty.
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Leelanau Illuminati, about 20 bottles on the shelf. 375ml $18.00

Also a bunch bottles of Krombacher Weizen and Krombacher Dark. Can't recall the price.

AND Keep6 posted on Instagram that this location will be getting Almanac beer:
"Stoked on this....more @almanacbeer headed to Ontario. Will be available soon on LCBO.com, HWY 401 & Weston California Boutique store and licensees. Stay tuned! #californialove"

I didn't know the LCBO had this regional "boutique" program. Probably because it was limited to wine and spirits. Now that beer is included this could be great.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Found myself back there today and now there's 15 bottles of Leelanau Good Harbor Golden Ale. 750 ml $20.10.

After reading some sparkling reviews, i splurged.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Le Trou du Diable L’Impératrice (bourbon barrel edition) on the shelf. 750 ml for $13.50

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

There's was one 4-pack of KBS on the shelf a couple hours ago.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

bradb

Post by bradb »

dale cannon wrote:There's was one 4-pack of KBS on the shelf a couple hours ago.
KBS appears to be popping up in decent quantities in a couple LCBOs. Waterloo/London both have 100+ bottles at the moment.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

bradb wrote:
dale cannon wrote:There's was one 4-pack of KBS on the shelf a couple hours ago.
KBS appears to be popping up in decent quantities in a couple LCBOs. Waterloo/London both have 100+ bottles at the moment.
wow suddenly there is 476 in stock?

S M A

Post by S M A »

I was there earlier this week. Unfortunately none of the Leelanau Golden Ale left, which was the main reason I stopped by (I'm slow). They still had tons of Illuminati on the shelves, I guess the $18/375 mL price isn't making it fly off the shelves. Lots of L'Imperatrice still, too.

I got a few bottles of Van Honsebrouck St. Louis Fond Tradition Gueuze Lambic. They had at least a few cases on the floor, around $4 or so each. Having one now, it's not bad.

Also got a Bacchus Flemish Old Brown to try, had plenty of that one as well.

portwood

Post by portwood »

Not sure if mentioned recently but also available Trois Mousquetaires:
~3 cases of Weizenbock @$10.35 (Nov 2015)
~2 cases of Doppelbock @$10.35 (Dec 2015)

TDD L'Imperatrice @$13.50 (Feb 2016)

Dieu du Ciel Sentinelle @$3.25 (2016-08-05)
@markhamwhisky

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

This once (occasionally) exciting clearance section has been kinda quiet for beer these days. I think with online beer sales, there's less special-ordered products ending up here. Most of what does show up was previously (sometimes concurrently) for sale online.

Today I came across a couple cases of De Ranke XX Bitter BB Mar 2021 (bottled Mar 2016). Selling for $2.00 per bottle. Haven't tried it yet but these beers hold up well.

Also there's still some Cascade Vitis Noble and Sang Royal for about $15 each, which I mentioned in another thread. And they've discounted some seasonals like Fullers Vintage Ale and Nickel Brook Glory & Gold.

UPDATE: Alas, the De Ranke XX Bitter as lost most of its punchy hop bite. Still a okay drinking ale (fruit-ester-y) but a shell of its former self. Lord knows where this beer sat for the past few years.