Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phillos

Post by phillos »

rejtable wrote:If any of the Ottawa folks want to unload a bottle of any one of the Cascades, but especially the Vine, I'd be happy to chip in.
I have some Noyaux bottles available in Ottawa.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze 2016
Lambic Geuze, Beersel, Belgium, 6%, 6 x 750mL
Limited Release Exclusively On LCBO.COM Tomorrow Morning!

Hello everyone! In case you missed Tuesday's release, we have listed 50 additional cases of 3 Fonteinen 2016 Geuze on LCBO.com (from our licensee allocation). We are told these will be available tomorrow after 10am (there is no specific time provided by LCBO). Unfortunately the product page link has been taken down but you can search for the product manually on the LCBO website as "3 FONTEINEN OUD GEUZE" "Item #354695" as of 10am.

Product description: blend of 1, 2, and 3 year old lambics.
A true Geuze - a blend of 1, 2, and 3 year-old lambic, unfiltered and unpasteurized, and aged in the bottle for at least a year after blending. Refermentation in the bottle gives this Geuze its famous champagne-like spritziness. The lambic that goes into it is brewed only with 60% barley malt, 40% unmalted wheat, aged hops, and water, spontaneously fermented by wild yeasts, and matured in oak casks.

We do have more 3 Fonteinen on route to Ontario: 2016 Oude Kriek and Oude Geuze Cuvée Armand & Gaston. These will both be available (limited quantities) in approximately two months. Cheers!

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

did it come and go already? got busy at work and forgot about it

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Sorry to add onto the "me too" chain but if anyone is looking to get rid of a couple bottles of the 3F or any of the Cascade I'm located close to downtown TO and would be happy to buy a couple.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

GtownRandy wrote:did it come and go already? got busy at work and forgot about it
The 3F came & went again.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I still have extra bottles of the Cascade Blackcap Raspberry if people are looking. Tried to set up some trades on Facebook group but they all seemed to fall through.

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

I bought a case of the 3F. Is there anybody who purchased the Sang Noir that is interested in trading one of those for one of the 3F?
Thanks,
Ren

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

I've ended up with a few more bottles of Cascade Sang Noir than I have room for; if interested, please PM me. Am in west end of TO.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

it appears there are 2 online exclusives that can be bought in individual bottles, not by the case:

de Ranke Saison de Dottignies http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/saison ... XIkSrgpWVs $2.95/330ml bottle

and

Liefmans Goudenband http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/liefma ... XIkh7gpWVs $3.30/330ml bottle

Kriek de Ranke also appeared but is sold out

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

just ordered 6 bottles goudenband, 2 dottignies, and 3 halcyon infinity mirror to top it up to $50. can't wait!

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Kriek de Ranke was also available yesterday by the bottle. $9.60 each. I grabbed 5.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GtownRandy wrote:just ordered 6 bottles goudenband, 2 dottignies, and 3 halcyon infinity mirror to top it up to $50. can't wait!
Oh man brilliant! This is the way to do it, yes make a minimum store-shipping order but then allow combining item choices.
In Beerum Veritas

portwood

Post by portwood »

Belgian wrote:Oh man brilliant! This is the way to do it, yes make a minimum store-shipping order but then allow combining item choices.
yup, done it several times. When I want a beer only available in a few out-of-the-way stores I'll add something like Chimay Blue - even if available at the store I'm picking up the order from - to make up the $50 min!

The worst part of this e-commerce system is the packaging they use; KGBO seems to have only 3 types of boxes:
- single 750ml bottle shipper
- 3 bottle shipper
- 12 bottle shipper (you could prob fit 12 magnum of wine or 36 beers in these). This is the most often used when packing a few bottles/cans of beer - proving, once again they are wine merchants first and foremost!
@markhamwhisky

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

bradb

Post by bradb »

Ahhhhh, on one hand, D'Ete is on my wish list... On the other hand, case of 24...