Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cantillon Volo Event Aug 8th

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Cantillon Volo Event Aug 8th

Post by JeffPorter »

Tickets to both sessions sold out in 2 mins... :o

Any lucky BTers going?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

JeffPorter wrote:Tickets to both sessions sold out in 2 mins... :o

Any lucky BTers going?
I had 2 tickets and was about to pay...then cancelled...after realizing how much money I'd probably end up spending!
Gonna put my money towards a fun August long weekend instead of a fun few hours.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Ironically, I will probably be in Belgium that day. But I would have been all over this. Nowadays, there are few reason's I'd drop large amounts of money and time on a beer event, but this would be that event.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Uh...how much will the pours be...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

boney wrote:Ironically, I will probably be in Belgium that day. But I would have been all over this. Nowadays, there are few reason's I'd drop large amounts of money and time on a beer event, but this would be that event.
What's a Belgium?
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

No,seriously....any idea how much I'm gonna be spending on this thing?

How
Much will he pours be approx?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Bring a couple hundred just to be on the safe side. That might even be a conservative number.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

:o

Wow...

Well...I guess I spend over a hundred at cask days...when you factor everything in...

distr0

Post by distr0 »

pretty pissed i totally forgot to try get tickets....

what did the tickets go for anyways?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

25 bucks

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

The description says there are 15 beers in bottles, but lists only 10. Is this due to some beers being available in multiple vintages, or are there undisclosed bottles?
Ren

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

JeffPorter wrote:No,seriously....any idea how much I'm gonna be spending on this thing?
How Much will he pours be approx?
I'd assume at least $5-10 per sample just based on what regular beers go for. Possibly more depending on the rarity of the beers.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JerCraigs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:No,seriously....any idea how much I'm gonna be spending on this thing?
How Much will he pours be approx?
I'd assume at least $5-10 per sample just based on what regular beers go for. Possibly more depending on the rarity of the beers.
I heard that we are looking at $8 for 3 oz pours.