Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

TFOB

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

TFOB

Post by beerstodiscover »

I went to the Friday session, my first time there. It was not as bad I had expected, based on what others have said.

Pretty good service and food selection, fair prices. Lineups were manageable from what I saw, except for the washrooms at one point.

It does have a frat house vibe, with many people wearing silly hats or matching t-shirts, with drinking-themed slogans. The 10-man DWO (Drunk World Order) group stands out.

The most interesting beers were in the Canada 150 Pavillion. Getting $1 pours of La Buteuse and some of the other Quebec treats was a highlight. I got to try a bunch of new beers for $1 each, and some were pretty good. Stouts were hard to find.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Highlights from last night.

Flying Monkeys probably has the most on offer here 10+ beers, several one-offs, including the 18% Invictus stout from a few years ago (which I enjoyed and would describe as a hot raisin bomb).
Michigan Breweries feature — I spent a lot of time here with the likes of Jolly Pumpkin, Founders and Bells
Funk Town — Lots of nice sours here from local and Michigan brewers. Mostly fruited sours, not much Brett
Delirium Red — First time tasting this and it's excellent

Overall, the event was fun. Servers often don't really know what they are pouring, but in the brewery tents you can usually get a good description of the beers and tasters if you ask.