Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

OZ BOTTLES today - There was a 'limited-supply' Jelly King Strawberry Rhubarb 7.5

As well as

Omerta
Psidiumism (not listed) 7
In Beerum Veritas

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Belgian wrote:OZ BOTTLES today - There was a 'limited-supply' Jelly King Strawberry Rhubarb 7.5

As well as

Omerta
Psidiumism (not listed) 7
What's the 7.5 and 7? How many bottles were left or something? Half a bottle?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Blasphomet wrote:What's the 7.5 and 7? How many bottles were left or something? Half a bottle?
It's how much joy money you part with.

* Edit * the Psidiumism is really good, it's Milkshark-y in a different way. They are really into this foggy resiny-pithy fruity thing right now. Guava this time, the tartness is pretty real. Sammy's quote "I wouldn’t want every beer to have the salt flavour, but refreshing on a very hot today. " True.
Last edited by Belgian on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Belgian wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:What's the 7.5 and 7? How many bottles were left or something? Half a bottle?
It's how much joy money you part with.
Oh of course lol. Should have gotten that.

I did nab a bottle of StrawBarb last week... haven't cranked it yet but I am looking forward to it.

skootles

Post by skootles »

The Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly King is definitely one of my favourite variants thus far. Light, refreshing, and some great strawberry flavour in there. Grabbed a couple extra bottles before the long weekend to share with out of towners and I'm glad I did.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

skootles wrote:The Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly King is definitely one of my favourite variants thus far. Light, refreshing, and some great strawberry flavour in there. Grabbed a couple extra bottles before the long weekend to share with out of towners and I'm glad I did.
I agree. My favourite. Strawberry works extremely will in beer if you ask me. It adds a nice sweet, yet tangy/sour character all on it's own. Beautiful.

Same goes with 5 Paddles Strawberry Wheat., which was gone when I went by on Monday. Dude said another batch is coming though.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

I'll leave this here.

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

FEUO wrote:Image

I'll leave this here.
Presumably (a new batch) will be made available locally at Witchstock on Sept 30 ... fingers crossed

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Runes finally get's a unique label. Been waiting for that. Surprised it took so long.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Looks like passionfruit Milkshark will be dropping soon.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZPZL8zhCdy/

skootles

Post by skootles »

Had some Barn Owl #8 at Witchstock yesterday and it was pretty good. When I asked about a release date I was told it would be released today. I imagine the White Picket Fence variants will also be released sometime as they were also bottle pours.

Edit: Well, it didn't show up so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Kind of wish I went to Witchstock now. I had no idea breweries like Trillium and Other Half would be there. Beer lists weren't posted until like the day before. Maybe if I read into it I could have figured it out though, but I didn't pay attention I guess. I'll make sure to go next year now.

Anyhow I swung by yesterday and grabbed the new bottles as well as the cans of Jutsu and Witchshark. Kind of hope they starting canning a lot more stuff. I understand now that they still had PM Dawn by Trillium pouring... but as usual I was just in and out with my beer. Should have thought to ask. Woe is me.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Man witchstock was sooooo much fun. best beer festival i've been to in a while.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Blasphomet wrote:Kind of wish I went to Witchstock now. I had no idea breweries like Trillium and Other Half would be there. Beer lists weren't posted until like the day before. Maybe if I read into it I could have figured it out though, but I didn't pay attention I guess. I'll make sure to go next year now.
They listed the breweries when tickets went on sale. Not the actual beers, but the breweries.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

JerCraigs wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:Kind of wish I went to Witchstock now. I had no idea breweries like Trillium and Other Half would be there. Beer lists weren't posted until like the day before. Maybe if I read into it I could have figured it out though, but I didn't pay attention I guess. I'll make sure to go next year now.
They listed the breweries when tickets went on sale. Not the actual beers, but the breweries.
Yeah see I didn't pay enough attention.