Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Well, at least thanks to this feedback
I'll be saving myself 7$ that I would have spent without a second thought, initially on the harvest ale
Personally I'll be spending my Harvest Ale money on Karma Citra while it's here. More than consolation enough in my books.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

ry_kinney wrote:
Ceecee wrote:Is Valar Dohaeris new? I honestly can't remember... Anyway, it's just listed as Ommegang Game of Thrones.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/ommega ... b0sVrKGOUk
It was originally released Sept 2016 but possibly new to LCBO as I have never seen it in stores.
Picked some up today BB: September 15, 2019.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Just grabbed a 10 bitter years, canned 3 days ago. Havnt had this innorobably 3-4 years. Wondering if it's still gonna hold up, or if time has passed it by. Reasonably priced though for iipa tallboy these days.

*edit* yeah, this was a tasty enough beer, but time has passed it by for sure. Even formsomething only 3 days old, just isn't something that is buy on a regular basis. Much better beers out there nowadays. However, like I said, price is good for iipa
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

This batch of Karma Citra is stupidly good.

Love that I can get a beer on Friday that was canned on Wednesday!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

JeffPorter wrote:This batch of Karma Citra is stupidly good.

Just had a can myself...it really is a tasty beer! One of my favourite hoppy Toronto beers.

brendan

Post by brendan »

JeffPorter wrote:This batch of Karma Citra is stupidly good.

Yep, batch I had was canned on the 13th!

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Not a " New Arrival" obviously but wasn't sure where else to post it. Great sale just started today at TBS on Nickel Brook brands full case price. Naughty Neighbour for example $15 off a case...48.95.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Lecocq wrote:Not a " New Arrival" obviously but wasn't sure where else to post it. Great sale just started today at TBS on Nickel Brook brands full case price. Naughty Neighbour for example $15 off a case...48.95.

Good find. $2.25/can for Headstock? I'm listening. For me, Nickelbrook and Great Lakes are the two best retail available breweries in ON right now. The only issue here is that TBS only stocks Nickelbrook's hoppy brews and the stock may be old for it to go on sale like this. If that's the case, Immodest might still be pretty acceptable.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I grabbed a can of Naughty yesterday and I believe it was from July, so not too bad.

I just haven't been digging it or Headstock as much lately. I don't know if they are slipping or just getting surprised. I used to agree that they were the best along with GLB. But not GLB is a ways ahead, and would place Sawdust City ahead of NB as well. Golden Beach/Lone Pine > Naughty/Headstock.

BartOwl

Post by BartOwl »

I'm the other way around. I always thought that GLB was good but overrated, with the exception of Karma Citra, which is stellar. Headstock ranges from very good to amazing, depending on the batch. To each his own.

thebigpeezy

Post by thebigpeezy »

spinrsx wrote:[DISCONTINUED] Smuttynose FinestKind IPA (473 mL can) was discontinued

wonder what happened here
I work at TBS & this was very popular when we could get it. Probably sourcing issues. Wouldn't blame Smuttynose if they pulled out of ON. We once got Robust Porter that was nearly old code upon arrival. I think going through the LCBO labyrinth isn't good for US IPAs.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Noticed a few new beers that I don't recall reading about in the upcoming release lists:

Sleeping Giant Skull Rock Stout: http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/sleepi ... c7ihBNSyV4
Junction Road Black Lager: http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/juncti ... c7irxNSyV4
Beau's Three Knocks http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/beau-s ... c7jURNSyV4

Tons of new stuff at the Leaside LCBO, which has one of the best selections in the GTA. Blacksmith Smoked Porter is available in cans now too, always been one that I enjoy using in chilis and stews.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

GRANITE BREWERY GALACTIC PALE ALE
LCBO 526467 | 473 mL can

maybethewater

Post by maybethewater »

S. St. Jeb wrote:GRANITE BREWERY GALACTIC PALE ALE
LCBO 526467 | 473 mL can
$3.50 for a meh beer, not too much of a ripoff it you want to check a box but I'll pass.

Thanks for the info though.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

maybethewater wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:GRANITE BREWERY GALACTIC PALE ALE
LCBO 526467 | 473 mL can
$3.50 for a meh beer, not too much of a ripoff it you want to check a box but I'll pass.

Thanks for the info though.
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed they didn't can one of the more traditional offerings that they're better at. The best bitter or Keefe's Irish stout would've made more sense IMO.