Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Xmas Release 2017

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

JaseWescott wrote:what about Chocolate Manifesto by Flying monkeys? is it returning to the LCBO this year? I don't think I have ever seen it on a LCBO release list.
MANIFESTO is on shelves now, but it's not in the big 750ml bottle. When did it change to a 473ml bottle in the box?
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/flying ... f-KzmeWwuQ

The CHIMAY gift pack with glass is now listed & showing stock.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/chimay ... f-MZWeWwuQ

Weihenstephaner Vitus is in stores (I've seen it, bought it, & enjoyed it!), but STILL not listed on the LCBO's site. :(
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

According to Jeff of Quench Imports Sam Smith Winter Welcome will NOT be here this year. No 3 pack plus glass either, just the single bottles of Organic Chocolate Stout. Come on LCBO get your act together......Bloody nonsense.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

tyke66a wrote:According to Jeff of Quench Imports Sam Smith Winter Welcome will NOT be here this year. No 3 pack plus glass either, just the single bottles of Organic Chocolate Stout. Come on LCBO get your act together......Bloody nonsense.

What the actual fuck......
Well lcbo, that's about 50-75$ less you'll be getting from me this season.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Sad news. If they needed to pick an Xmas beer to discontinue (and yes, I realize the process is not this straightforward), personally I would have went with Bah Humbug. Winter Welcome has always been one of my favourite winter warmers.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

spoke to a main beer guy at Summerhill, where I do my workouts. They are taking out 10 beers immediately and losing that big shelfspace in front of tasting bar. This is all in favour of hard liquour. Beer does not bring in the big bucks, particularly with xmas season.
Reliable Beer Critic

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

northyorksammy wrote:spoke to a main beer guy at Summerhill, where I do my workouts. They are taking out 10 beers immediately and losing that big shelfspace in front of tasting bar. This is all in favour of hard liquour. Beer does not bring in the big bucks, particularly with xmas season.
Ridiculous. If they're going to start pulling this shit on us, it's time to open up beer retailing to private companies, otherwise we'll continue to get screwed over since beer doesn't make them the same money as wine and spirits. I'm sick of hearing the social responsibility BS, because let's face it, the government is in the business of making money off of liquor, and this is clearly a profit focused move. Anyway, rant over. It just gets extremely frustrating sometimes.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Jonah Hex wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:what about Chocolate Manifesto by Flying monkeys? is it returning to the LCBO this year? I don't think I have ever seen it on a LCBO release list.
MANIFESTO is on shelves now, but it's not in the big 750ml bottle. When did it change to a 473ml bottle in the box?
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/flying ... f-KzmeWwuQ

The CHIMAY gift pack with glass is now listed & showing stock.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/chimay ... f-MZWeWwuQ

Weihenstephaner Vitus is in stores (I've seen it, bought it, & enjoyed it!), but STILL not listed on the LCBO's site. :(
I saw, thanks. last year it came in a 750ml bomber for $13? Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale used to come in a box and bottle.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Wonders if the advent calendar will return? Hopefully this year for Dec. 1st....

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Masterplan wrote:Wonders if the advent calendar will return? Hopefully this year for Dec. 1st....
pre orders for this were due with www.craftbeerimports.ca by Oct 3..... but yes, last year LCBO had it on line

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

There’s an all-German Beer advent calendar coming. HHD Imports. Believe it comes with a glass as well. $99.60, product Code: 433200
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:There’s an all-German Beer advent calendar coming. HHD Imports. Believe it comes with a glass as well. $99.60, product Code: 433200
well then, 2 beers a day for a month it is then! ..... it the US, this is less than half that price .... grrrrrrr

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this one?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

828 packs available online.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Over a thousand when I ordered this morning.

Expensive, but a hell of a lot of beers we don’t get here, and I’m liking the idea of returning to classic styles for a month as I’m feeling a little hopped/soured out (on my own accord mind you).