Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A Night with Hill Farmstead & Radical Road

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

A Night with Hill Farmstead & Radical Road

Post by Craig »

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-night-wi ... 13?aff=es2

Only 30 tickets, $35 each, on sale now!

Who saw that coming? :o

distr0

Post by distr0 »

well then. i bought tickets, there's 16 left now

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I dont understand, you have to buy two tickets? What HF bottles?

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

Strange event. I wonder if this is actually sanctioned by Hill Farmstead, or if RR is simply selling pours of bottles it bought. I would hope the former, but it just seems so odd.
Ren

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

jrenihan wrote:Strange event. I wonder if this is actually sanctioned by Hill Farmstead, or if RR is simply selling pours of bottles it bought. I would hope the former, but it just seems so odd.
Ren
Yeah, I'm kinda guessing the latter...

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I suspect the latter as well, though that doesn't really bother me.

portwood

Post by portwood »

jrenihan wrote:Strange event. I wonder if this is actually sanctioned by Hill Farmstead, or if RR is simply selling pours of bottles it bought. I would hope the former, but it just seems so odd.
Ren
This suggest the latter:
We brought back a very limited amount of highly sought-after beers to include in our tasting event - these beers are not available in Canada...and probably never will be!
@markhamwhisky

Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Yeah, I assumed the latter as well...and it doesn't bother me at all.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

also the event is 6-8 but then another beer at 10? what happens between 8 and 10?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

More drinking, I assume. They're just saying you'll get a sample of another beer if you stick around until 10.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

distr0 wrote:also the event is 6-8 but then another beer at 10? what happens between 8 and 10?
Presumably they hope you drinking their beer and eating their food?

It's weird that you have to buy two tickets. I was thinking about going but I have no guarantee that a friend will be available and interested. Guess I'm not going. :-?
lister

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm guessing that has to do with capacity. Their space is very small, so I think they're probably selling tickets to get to capacity. Individual tickets means you might be sharing a table for two with a stranger.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Seems legit.....NOT!

portwood

Post by portwood »

Gavin wrote:Yeah, I assumed the latter as well...and it doesn't bother me at all.
Not too familiar with the finer points of Ontario booze laws but someone pointed out earlier today on twiter that the latter practice is illegal - i.e. they cannot sell bottles they "brought back" from a trip to another brewery
@markhamwhisky

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Says there are 4 samples of both breweries. Could they be saying they’re charging for the samples of their beer but not for the HF?
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge