Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

$8.50? 12oz?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Not fair.
gjkerr wrote:Going to be a BCBS release at King St/Portland LCBO on Black Friday ... I’ll just leave that here.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

gjkerr wrote:Going to be a BCBS release at King St/Portland LCBO on Black Friday ... I’ll just leave that here.
Have they even announced this?
^^^Hop-head ^^^

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

Not as of my posting, but was officially announced this morning by Goose Island Brewhouse in Toronto via Instagram ... however, upon checking again, they have removed the post. Rumour elsewhere is that the release is limited to approx 200 bottles.

Tickets to the pub's BCBS event on November 24 still appear to be available though. $20 for a 10oz pour and a BCBS tulip glass - appears that you must show up between 5 and 6pm though, before it gets opened up to everyone (pub's IG post from the other day has the ticket link).

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

spinrsx wrote:$8.50? 12oz?
Hm. Good point. Have there ever been 12 oz before?

That can’t be right. Maybe he meant 18.50? Which is still real cheap...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

If KBS was $7.40 I can see the LCBO getting CBS for $8.50. (12 oz bottles). From what I can tell CBS was only released twice, and once was kegs only. So a format change wouldn't be a huge break from tradition.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

12oz confirmed! Awesome format for a beer like this. Im gonna fill my trunk. What a time to be alive!

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

Love it.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Wow. Guess my Contact was right! And if he’s right about the 800 cases, and if they’re in packs of 24... :o

That’s more than enough to go around for the Summerhill neighbourhood!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Jerk_Store

Post by Jerk_Store »

JeffPorter wrote:Wow. Guess my Contact was right! And if he’s right about the 800 cases, and if they’re in packs of 24... :o

That’s more than enough to go around for the Summerhill neighbourhood!
lol

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

What happened to backwoods? Don’t tell me that’s all that was released??

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

jeremyg wrote:What happened to backwoods? Don’t tell me that’s all that was released??
I think someone said it's sometime in the end weeks of November but because these things are always such a clusterfuck (remember Westy 12?) I forget what is when & it could all be wrong.
In Beerum Veritas

distr0

Post by distr0 »

has the breakfast stout come and gone already? or still coming?

HeliKOOPter

Post by HeliKOOPter »

jeremyg wrote:What happened to backwoods? Don’t tell me that’s all that was released??
Apparently the warehouse that ships to the warehouse that supplies KW had 1400 bottles as of last Friday.

I haven’t a clue what that actually means, but I was more or less told to “chill, you’ll be cool”.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

gjkerr wrote:Not as of my posting, but was officially announced this morning by Goose Island Brewhouse in Toronto via Instagram ... however, upon checking again, they have removed the post. Rumour elsewhere is that the release is limited to approx 200 bottles.

Tickets to the pub's BCBS event on November 24 still appear to be available though. $20 for a 10oz pour and a BCBS tulip glass - appears that you must show up between 5 and 6pm though, before it gets opened up to everyone (pub's IG post from the other day has the ticket link).
Apparently the Centre of the Universe has shifted slightly from Yonge & Summerhill to 600 King St. West:

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2017/11 ... o-toronto/