Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skootles

Post by skootles »

Looks like the woman who told me they were being released after Witchstock was wrong, but at least Barn Own 8 is coming out this Saturday. Also some new Barn Owl-themed glassware.

Now I'm just waiting for those bottles of White Picket Fence. Those were damn good.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Bellwood is dropping hints on their Instagram about the upcoming return of BOYD, but nothing concrete. Anyone have some inside intel on the timing of the release?

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

This weekend.

S M A

Post by S M A »

gjkerr wrote:This weekend.
I'd heard the following weekend, but perhaps I misunderstood. The person I talked to did confirm a weekend release. Hoping it's the 25th as I'll be downtown that day, and wouldn't mind grabbing a couple bottles.

I tried both of the picket fence 'saisons' the other day. The flavour profile is just about as much like white wine as it is like beer, but pretty good if that's your kind of thing. I grabbed a few of the peach/apricot one, I found it a bit more mellow than the regular.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

If BOYD is indeed released next weekend, it coincides with the BCBS release at the LCBO and Double Tempest Day at Amsterdam. I wish these events could be more staggered.

nickw

Post by nickw »

It's this Saturday:
Saturday: Bring Out Your Dead. 11% Imperial Stout aged 1 year in Cognac barrels. $14/; over 3300 bottles; max 12/person

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

Provost Drunk wrote:If BOYD is indeed released next weekend, it coincides with the BCBS release at the LCBO and Double Tempest Day at Amsterdam. I wish these events could be more staggered.
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty sure it's this weekend.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

gjkerr wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:If BOYD is indeed released next weekend, it coincides with the BCBS release at the LCBO and Double Tempest Day at Amsterdam. I wish these events could be more staggered.
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty sure it's this weekend.
But go next weekend... ;)

S M A

Post by S M A »

Heh, thanks all. I'm almost glad it's actually this weekend, I could really stand to sit out a release or two at this point.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I think this is probably the only release I wouldn't sit out. Boyd 15 is probably the best thing they have created in my eyes.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Passed by Hafis around 1, no line, but business was brisk with people struggling to walk out with 12+ bottles. Apparently there were 100 or so people waiting at noon. Sampled the BOYD and it seemed a little fresh. I think I am going to wait on these till next winter. The BOYD glass was irresistible.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yeah I arrived at about five minutes before noon just as the line was allowed to start filtering in. Perhaps it was 100; I would estimate a few less. Either way, lots of happy punters. Nicely and efficiently run by the Bellwoods staff.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Arrived at around 1PM or so to Ossington; in and out in about 5 minutes with a case and glass. 8)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

DeMarco wrote:I think this is probably the only release I wouldn't sit out. Boyd 15 is probably the best thing they have created in my eyes.
Well the LAMBDA certainly does it for me. They are a fantastic brewery so I can hardly nitpick if that or BOYDead or Skeleton are 'the best.'

Actually Jelly King may be one of the best Ontario beers, not for its gravity or treatment or rarity / FOMO factor, simply that (for me) it's so stunning and exceptional for a beer that's regularly available.

I kinda forgot today's BW release so I assume the Dead is AUS...
In Beerum Veritas

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Actually, I believe there is a small amount remaining at Hafis. No idea about downtown.