Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blasphomet

General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Post by Blasphomet »

I'm sure there is a Dominion City thread, but I didn't feel like hunting for it. And apologies if there is already a general brewery discussion thread as well... but if there is it's probably buried.

Posting this so we can just discuss whatever... comparing breweries without going on tangents about other breweries in a specific brewery's thread.

What are some opinions on Dominion City? I haven't had them yet but plan on ordering very soon. I'm hearing great things about Sunsplit, but am wondering what the quality of their other beers, and specifically their pale ales.

Any opinions appreciated. Because I plan on ordering from these guys for the first time come the weekend, or Half Hours on Earth once again.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Blasphomet wrote:I'm sure there is a Dominion City thread, but I didn't feel like hunting for it. And apologies if there is already a general brewery discussion thread as well... but if there is it's probably buried.

Posting this so we can just discuss whatever... comparing breweries without going on tangents about other breweries in a specific brewery's thread.

What are some opinions on Dominion City? I haven't had them yet but plan on ordering very soon. I'm hearing great things about Sunsplit, but am wondering what the quality of their other beers, and specifically their pale ales.

Any opinions appreciated. Because I plan on ordering from these guys for the first time come the weekend, or Half Hours on Earth once again.
I ordered from them on Monday when they had free shipping.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Me too. Saving $20 on shipping was the tipping point for me to try them. I'm guessing the beer will get here tomorrow or early next week.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Damn, I never knew. I would have ordered as well.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

The best of the Ottawa area breweries in my opinion. Definitely a step up from BTP and Tooth and Nail. Sunsplit is excellent.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

mahcinesquad wrote:Me too. Saving $20 on shipping was the tipping point for me to try them. I'm guessing the beer will get here tomorrow or early next week.
Mine is arriving today.

Automatic

Post by Automatic »

I ordered last week before the free shipping and regret nothing.

Paper Salesman is on that Jutsu level; really great APA.

Sun-split was great too.

The Hoppy Hefe was good.

The Belgian IPA was more Vermont IPA with minimal Belgian yeast impact and I liked that; super juicy.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Order from Dominion City I placed on Friday came in this morning.

Expecting my Collective Arts to come in tomorrow. Big time looking forward to Smooth Maneuvers.

The Tortoise

Post by The Tortoise »

Coronaeus wrote:The best of the Ottawa area breweries in my opinion. Definitely a step up from BTP and Tooth and Nail. Sunsplit is excellent.
Accurate post is accurate.

Sunsplit and Paper Salesman are fantastic. I also picked up their Single Farm IPA offering. It was ok, but it was also canned in early October so I think it was past its prime.

Their Picnic Blanket is also very good.