Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Winter Release 2017

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Belgian wrote:Yes I saw Ten Fidy already, it sells fast.

I also expect Backwoods is slowly making appearances everywhere, there are allegedly over 500 bottles at 15 York Street. and a few cases at St Clair West (Loblaws.)

Grocery store carrying founders?? Hopefully the zehrs by my place follows suit(as it's under the loblaws umbrella).
Speaking of.....I've been keeping it under my hat for a while, but their pricing is fucked. For instance, BTP pink fuzz is listed on the shelf at 3.50, rings in at 3.01. I'm not sure what the standard lcbo price for this is, but I assume probably more than 3.01. CA ransack the universe shelf price "sale 3.15" rings in at 2.70. I've had a steady supply of underpriced ransack for months. It's an absolute bargain, and stock is never more than a month and half old, usually less than a month. I generally don't buy any other beers from this store besides NB equilibrium(which rings in shelf price) so I'm not sure how many beers are underpriced

portwood

Post by portwood »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Speaking of.....I've been keeping it under my hat for a while, but their pricing is fucked. For instance, BTP pink fuzz is listed on the shelf at 3.50, rings in at 3.01. I'm not sure what the standard lcbo price for this is, but I assume probably more than 3.01. CA ransack the universe shelf price "sale 3.15" rings in at 2.70. I've had a steady supply of underpriced ransack for months. It's an absolute bargain, and stock is never more than a month and half old, usually less than a month. I generally don't buy any other beers from this store besides NB equilibrium(which rings in shelf price) so I'm not sure how many beers are underpriced
NOPE, you're not getting a deal.
3.01 + 13% HST = 3.40 + 0.10 deposit = $3.50
2.70 + 13% HST = 3.05 + 0.10 deposit = $3.15

next time look closer at your receipts :wink:
@markhamwhisky

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I gather there is a LCBO at or by that St Clair Stn. location. Much like the one that used to exist within the Queens Quay Loblaws building. It's a separate business under the general roof.

A link, seems to have actual parking.
Last edited by Belgian on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

portwood wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:Speaking of.....I've been keeping it under my hat for a while, but their pricing is fucked. For instance, BTP pink fuzz is listed on the shelf at 3.50, rings in at 3.01. I'm not sure what the standard lcbo price for this is, but I assume probably more than 3.01. CA ransack the universe shelf price "sale 3.15" rings in at 2.70. I've had a steady supply of underpriced ransack for months. It's an absolute bargain, and stock is never more than a month and half old, usually less than a month. I generally don't buy any other beers from this store besides NB equilibrium(which rings in shelf price) so I'm not sure how many beers are underpriced
NOPE, you're not getting a deal.
3.01 + 13% HST = 3.40 + 0.10 deposit = $3.50
2.70 + 13% HST = 3.05 + 0.10 deposit = $3.15

next time look closer at your receipts :wink:

Thought it seemed to good to be true :(

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

St-Ambroise RIS is listed at $3.85. I hope this remains... it's supposed to be $5.95.

Silvercreek

Post by Silvercreek »

Spencer Trappist Ale will be in 100 stores starting next week (December 4th)

750ml @ $9.50

List of stores can be found here:
http://www.silvercreekimports.ca/where-to-buy/

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Silvercreek wrote:Spencer Trappist Ale will be in 100 stores starting next week (December 4th)

750ml @ $9.50

List of stores can be found here:
http://www.silvercreekimports.ca/where-to-buy/
Great news, thanks!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Ceecee wrote:St-Ambroise RIS is listed at $3.85. I hope this remains... it's supposed to be $5.95.
Some of this is now available to order online at the discounted price. Same with Ten Fidy. Also grabbed an Infinity Mirror Brett IPA to round out the order.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerstodiscover wrote:Also grabbed an Infinity Mirror Brett IPA to round out the order.
Share how that one works for you. It's barely mentioned on here but Halcyon Barrel House do nice sour treatments & they have the distribution power of Beau's which seems to keep the price reasonable (ten bucks for this, very OK by me.)
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Belgian wrote:Share how that one works for you. It's barely mentioned on here but Halcyon Barrel House do nice sour treatments & they have the distribution power of Beau's which seems to keep the price reasonable (ten bucks for this, very OK by me.)
Will do. I picked it up based on yours and other praise I've heard. I suspect the attractive price may be a one-off for the Halcyon's first release. Gravity Well is $16.95, though it is barrel aged.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerstodiscover wrote:I suspect the attractive (9.95) price may be a one-off for the Halcyon's first release. Gravity Well is $16.95, though it is barrel aged.
Infinity Mirror is also barrel-aged, evident in the complex flavor profile & which as you say makes it unlikely to be offered again for such a deal.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:I suspect the attractive (9.95) price may be a one-off for the Halcyon's first release. Gravity Well is $16.95, though it is barrel aged.
Infinity Mirror is also barrel-aged, evident in the complex flavor profile & which as you say makes it unlikely to be offered again for such a deal.
Gravity Well is certainly pricey, but reading the descriptions of each beer, and you get the sense GW is much more costly...

https://www.halcyon.beer/beer/
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

I just picked up my St-Ambroise Russian Imperial Stout bottles. I didn't realize these are bourbon barrel aged. Quite a steal at 3.85! And it comes in an annoying cardboard tube!

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

beerstodiscover wrote:I just picked up my St-Ambroise Russian Imperial Stout bottles. I didn't realize these are bourbon barrel aged. Quite a steal at 3.85! And it comes in an annoying cardboard tube!
not much distribution yet, 25 bottles across 3 stores, with 59 online. it is a good deal, cant wait to try as i'm really getting a hankering for bourbon aged stouts with these cold days ahead. its rated 100 on ratebeer to boot

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Yeti is listed now