Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

beerstodiscover wrote:Seems like they took CBS off the website but it can still be found on shelves. They just put out a case at Ellesmere & Victoria Park. Grabbed a couple more.
Just saw that myself, didn't pick any up since I had grabbed four last night. I was wondering if it'd scan through since being removed from the website, I assume you had no issues.

Seemed to be a decent amount left as of 2:45 pm, whoever's in the area hurry down there!

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

midlife crisis wrote:Fantastic. Just like the bad old days. It's on shelves here and there, but it's impossible to know where. WAY TO GO, KCBO!
I'm guessing its appearance on shelves is still a mistake, I'm sure the stock will be listed accurately once the formal launch event and roll out happens next week.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yes, you are no doubt correct. But if one wanted some for this weekend, say, it is quite frustrating (given that it is actually out for sale here and there).

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

The barcodes don't scan. But they type it in and it works.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

For CBS my local guy called two other stores and he had the one that found the stock set some aside.

At Gerrard & Carlawe LCBO there are nearly two cases in the back, it just came in the past few hours so either call in to set aside OR go in right now and ask Anne for it (parking is available to the left of the store). Again the code wasn't even on the cash, it was just manual entry. Lucky timing for me, beer radar!

This will vanish before most people see it, can be on hold even if it's there online. Good luck.
(PS: I told Anne the price is per single, not four-pack because she was incorrect. Yes I could have walked out with a 24x for the price of six and did not, that's not really conducive to these products being sold here if they lost $153 dollars a case!)
In Beerum Veritas

MattS

Post by MattS »

Friend of mine picked some up in Kitchener today. My guess is that head office didn't tell any store they were meant to hold it back, and so it got delivered and went on the shelves.

mitrednip1

Post by mitrednip1 »

They’ve been told to hold it back now. I got a bunch ordered to my local lickbo. Gave a friend a heads up to get down right away to get the last case. They charged him $8.50/4-pack and he corrected them and told them to charge him per bottle so they rang it through again and charged him the full price of $204 for the case. Just after he hit ‘accept’ on debit the manager ran out and yelled at the cashier that she just got a call from head office and they weren’t allowed to sell that beer. But it was too late.

Took them a while but it seems (for the most part at least) that they’ve figured it out

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

STOP THAT BEER!!

Haha, I love that they are screwing up in the most un-LCBO way. They're famous for excessively delaying product and being finicky about labels. Yet this one flies onto shelves early and the barcodes don't scan. What the actual F!@#?
Last edited by beerstodiscover on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

manager ran out and yelled at the cashier that she just got a call from head office and they weren’t allowed to sell that beer. But it was too late.
Maybe it will still hit the shelves after all then? Hopefully as smoothly as Westvleteren...

Here is the RELEASE info...
In Beerum Veritas

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

beerstodiscover wrote:Seems like they took CBS off the website but it can still be found on shelves. They just put out a case at Ellesmere & Victoria Park. Grabbed a couple more.
I went this evening but I guess they got the memo. It was not on the shelves, but they admitted they had some in the back. Refused to sell it to me and refused to put any on hold. Thanks again, KCBO!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Belgian wrote:For CBS my local guy called two other stores and he had the one that found the stock set some aside.

At Gerrard & Carlawe LCBO there are nearly two cases in the back, it just came in the past few hours so either call in to set aside OR go in right now and ask Anne for it (parking is available to the left of the store). Again the code wasn't even on the cash, it was just manual entry. Lucky timing for me, beer radar!

This will vanish before most people see it, can be on hold even if it's there online. Good luck.
(PS: I told Anne the price is per single, not four-pack because she was incorrect. Yes I could have walked out with a 24x for the price of six and did not, that's not really conducive to these products being sold here if they lost $153 dollars a case!)
Thank you Belgian! As a public service I will tell all that it is currently on the shelf at that store, there were 10 bottles after I grabbed a few, and it doesn't scan but staff know how to correctly ring it through. Go get 'em before the KCBO arrive to shut it down!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

atomeyes wrote:you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?
It's actually just north of 15,000 from what I have seen and been told :)

MaltyTasker

Post by MaltyTasker »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
atomeyes wrote:you guys are aware that we're getting 14000 bottles in Ontario, right?
It's actually just north of 15,000 from what I have seen and been told :)
I've seen several cases with LCBO stickers saying case # ___ out of 422. Unless that differs by warehouse that would mean just over 10,000 bottles, no?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

midlife crisis wrote:
Belgian wrote:At Gerrard & Carlawe LCBO there are nearly two cases in the back, it just came in the past few hours so either call in to set aside OR go in right now and ask Anne for it
Thank you Belgian! As a public service I will tell all that it is currently on the shelf at that store, there were 10 bottles after I grabbed a few, and it doesn't scan but staff know how to correctly ring it through. Go get 'em before the KCBO arrive to shut it down!
YVW. If the guys at my Queen E / Coxwell store were not so helpful or if they blew me off (that's another discussion) I would never had been able to enjoy those two cases with you Bartowel-barians...

To be fair the Founders release here is this coming Wednesday, so that was officially the intention. I was not aware, nor that concerned. Sorry Founders! (In the ironic Canadian meaning of course.)
In Beerum Veritas