Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

atomeyes wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote: A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.
pretty sure he's referring to the A&T release years back.
and just an FYI, heard that A&G was listed accidentally. all purchases were apparently refunded and it will be listed again.
I was referring to A&G, but the A&T example is definitely a better one.

Also, many A&G sales were honoured (but yes, some were refunded) :D

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

rfrf wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote: A&G was sold just over a week ago. 10 cases. No limits.
pretty sure he's referring to the A&T release years back.
and just an FYI, heard that A&G was listed accidentally. all purchases were apparently refunded and it will be listed again.
some purchases were honored.
It would be very interesting to know how they decided which sales to hoour and which to cancel...

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

TheSevenDuffs wrote: It would be very interesting to know how they decided which sales to hoour and which to cancel...
First roll out was for the public, the 2nd was for licensee's which the LCBO sold on accident.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

ROAD TO RUIN IPA
LCBO 534917 | 4x473 mL can
Price $ 14.95
Made in: Connecticut, USA
By: Two Roads Brewing Company
Beer, Ale, India Pale Ale (IPA)
8.0% Alcohol/Vol.

Saw this today. Don't recall hearing about it; not sure if it's 'new' or not.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

CBS back on the website and showing stock at a bunch of lcbos

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

spinrsx wrote:CBS back on the website and showing stock at a bunch of lcbos
Yep, it would be pretty sweet if I lived at Yonge and Wellesley. I would be within a couple of kilometres of over 20% of the provincial allocation. Still waiting for more than a case or two to show up in the entire west 905. Including at the store that I specifically placed an order at two weeks ago. They advised me yesterday that the packing documents accompanying the weekly shipment they received in the afternoon marked the CBS as backordered. "Sorry".

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

The two Ottawa stores showing inventory are the least likely stores you could possibly imagine. Oh well. Rideau had 800 bottles at opening this morning nothing showing online.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

There's 5 ottawa stores showing inventory online.. for me anyways
rejtable wrote:The two Ottawa stores showing inventory are the least likely stores you could possibly imagine. Oh well. Rideau had 800 bottles at opening this morning nothing showing online.

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

spinrsx wrote:There's 5 ottawa stores showing inventory online.. for me anyways
rejtable wrote:The two Ottawa stores showing inventory are the least likely stores you could possibly imagine. Oh well. Rideau had 800 bottles at opening this morning nothing showing online.
It depends on whether you use the website or the app - different data shows up on each. Obviously.

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

gjkerr wrote:
spinrsx wrote:CBS back on the website and showing stock at a bunch of lcbos
Yep, it would be pretty sweet if I lived at Yonge and Wellesley. I would be within a couple of kilometres of over 20% of the provincial allocation. Still waiting for more than a case or two to show up in the entire west 905. Including at the store that I specifically placed an order at two weeks ago. They advised me yesterday that the packing documents accompanying the weekly shipment they received in the afternoon marked the CBS as backordered. "Sorry".
UPDATE: 288 bottles popped up for online ordering, so I just did it that way and getting it delivered to my local. Web availability now down to 158.

Can't wait to get my "order cancelled" email.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

gjkerr wrote: It depends on whether you use the website or the app - different data shows up on each. Obviously.
Haha, oh LCBO!

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Well I struck out, 48 bottles total for kingston. Sold out before noon, and missed the online orders too... :(

Hopefully more go online... I mean like why doesn't the online store got the biggest stash? So frustrating.

brendan

Post by brendan »

Drinkvine (LCBO site still doesn't have the item back up): http://drinkvine.com/drinkdetail.php?ty ... tID=530436

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Just grabbed a case of 24 at the Bathurst/St Clair location. Tons there.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lots on the cooler room shelf at Danforth & Broadview LC. They disposed of the 4-pk carriers, I guess for their convenience not yours (avoid ringing in 4 as 1.)

I actually left with some Founders PC Pils. Not sure how often I really want coffee stouts but Founders CBS is good even for eight bucks+. I bet you it comes back again if Founders feels like repeating the recipe next year.
In Beerum Veritas