Omnipollo beers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Omnipollo beers

Postby Belgian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Omnipollo Prodromus Deep Fried Graham Cracked Chocolate Chunk Caramel Bar
- unusually rich and powerful caramel-toasted marshmallow / vanilla graham mingling with the chocolate and rich malts. It's basically S'mores in beer form. Though it was a lot to drink through over two days, I began to enjoy its red wine-like rich intensity, and the big flavors are extremely good. I might get another can or two to push the limits of my sweet tooth.

Omnipollo Zodiak IPA
- also in cans at LCBO right now. It's fairly stunning, and I admit I was thirsty but some of you have seen a few more more beers like it:
"A beautifully foggy and tasty IPA I would say in the Vermont persuasion. Pale gold-blonde coat and creamy white head, aromas and tastes of citrus and pine. Palate is easy going but not dilute, supporting a profile that is dry plus a note fruity-sweet - sort of guava like plus hints of pear and apricot, interesting counter to the lemon and pine needles. Even a note spicy like pepper and vanilla. Extremely good. "

Omnipollo will get my business when I see their stuff. A serious entry to the Ontario market, and the prices are competitive for the quality.
In Beerum Veritas
lister
Beer Superstar

Re: Omnipollo beers

Postby lister » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am

Omnipollo Prodromus Deep Fried Graham Cracked Chocolate Chunk Caramel Bar

Quite happy with that one though if there ever was a beer for the smaller cans, this would be it.
lister
beerstodiscover

Postby beerstodiscover » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 pm

I''m also very happy to see Omnipollo brewing here.

Zodiak IPA - Loving it.
Prodromus - A bit too much for me. Perhaps I should have drank it over two days.

The only other Omnipollo beer I've had is Noa Pecan Mud Cake Imperial Stout, which was a 10/10.
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Postby Belgian » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 pm

beerstodiscover wrote:The only other Omnipollo beer I've had is Noa Pecan Mud Cake Imperial Stout, which was a 10/10.

I had the Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar IIPA (8.5%) three summers ago and gave it a 4.1 on RateBeer.
In Beerum Veritas
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Belgian wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:The only other Omnipollo beer I've had is Noa Pecan Mud Cake Imperial Stout, which was a 10/10.

I had the Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar IIPA (8.5%) three summers ago and gave it a 4.1 on RateBeer.

The Nebuchadnezzar was a brilliant beer. I'd love to see them brewing that here
Quotashun

Postby Quotashun » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 am

So far I've only tried Zodiak (seems it's always on tap whenever I go to King Taps), and it's solid; 3.75 or slightly less for me if I was rating it.
Muskokan

Postby Muskokan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:57 am

Few new Omnipollo releases for those interested - all brewed in Toronto.

Omnipollo Bianca Mango Lassi Gose - only 20HL brewed and being released in phases. Currently available at the Brunswick Bierworks Biershop. Cans flying at Ronnie's Local in Kensington and 10 cases will be released for online sales soon.

Omnipollo Raspberry Aniara - brand new Omnipollo beer for the Canadian market. Brewed using a crazy amount of fresh raspberries and lemon puree. Fresh, slightly tart and vibrant in colour - see our Instagram (@craftbrandco) for pics. Currently available at the Brunswick Bierworks Biershop and will be launching at the LCBO April 22nd and will run til October.

Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar - the first Omnipollo beer we imported and one close to our heart. Stoked to brew this one in Toronto and launch fresh. We'll be brewing it in September for an October LCBO launch.

Non Omnipollo;

Mikkeller Peter Pale & Mary - Mikkeller's cult status American Folk Pale Ale. A 4.7% pale ale wonderfully dry-hopped and balanced with a nice hearty malt bill. Launching at the LCBO April 29th. Then more limited run Mikkeller releases to follow.

For pictures, tasting notes and launch news, pop over to The Craft Brand Co insta page.

Cheers,

Mike
The Craft Brand Company
IG: @CraftBrandCo

Brunswick Bierworks
IG: @BrunswickBierworks
midlife crisis
Seasoned Drinker

Postby midlife crisis » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:31 pm

I really enjoyed the Peter Pale & Mary recently. Good stuff, and quaffable at that ABV.

Return to “Beer Reviews”