Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Stalwart Brewing beer removed by LCBO after one day on sale

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

El Pinguino wrote:Apparently the LCBO is getting stricter and stricter on enforcing their crazy label requirements.

Seems many breweries who have been around longer know to steer clear of anything *remotely* close to bad text/graphics topics, with Doctors and medicine being a well known one. Too bad such information isn't shared with newbies.

Also, new brewery Clear Lake was rejected by the LCBO, because of their logo. Even worse for them...not just one beer, but their entire BRAND is blacklisted unless they change.
Wtf is wrong with...belly flopping?? Am I looking at the right logo??
"There's always money in the banana stand."

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

El Pinguino wrote:Apparently the LCBO is getting stricter and stricter on enforcing their crazy label requirements.
Whether the requirements are too strict or not can be debated. For me, the real problem in this case was that it had been approved, and then rejected in a very untimely manner.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Kish84 wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:Also, new brewery Clear Lake was rejected by the LCBO, because of their logo. Even worse for them...not just one beer, but their entire BRAND is blacklisted unless they change.
My thought and question exactly.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Kish84 wrote:

Seems many breweries who have been around longer know to steer clear of anything *remotely* close to bad text/graphics topics, with Doctors and medicine being a well known one. Too bad such information isn't shared with newbies.

Also, new brewery Clear Lake was rejected by the LCBO, because of their logo. Even worse for them...not just one beer, but their entire BRAND is blacklisted unless they change.
A guess would be that the belly flopper in question doesn't appear to be 19.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Stalwart is all over the news about this.. LCBO shenanigans could be the best thing to ever happen to them