Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer Advocate Beer Styles...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BeerIsGood

Beer Advocate Beer Styles...

Post by BeerIsGood »

If you go to Beer Styles under Beer on the BA website (as you all probably know), they list 104 different styles. Agree or disagree on the designations, I find it an enjoyable occasional exercise to run through them all to see how many I've tried. I've knocked off a couple since the last time through. Some of them, such as Kvass and Braggot, I've never even seen. 92-12 as of this last trip through. If anyone's tried them all...well, hats off!

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

I think I've shaved it down to about a half-dozen styles. Kvass, Happoshu, low alcohol beer, Faro, Biere de Champagne and unblended lambic are the ones that I definitely haven't had. There might be one or two others I'm missing.

If you're looking to tick off a braggot, those Trafalgar meads at the LCBO (now in tiny Red Bull-esque cans) are typically categorized as 'braggot' on BA.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

darmokandjalad wrote:I think I've shaved it down to about a half-dozen styles. Kvass, Happoshu, low alcohol beer, Faro, Biere de Champagne and unblended lambic are the ones that I definitely haven't had. There might be one or two others I'm missing.

If you're looking to tick off a braggot, those Trafalgar meads at the LCBO (now in tiny Red Bull-esque cans) are typically categorized as 'braggot' on BA.
Good to know regarding the Braggot, thanks. Faro is one I knocked since the last time I did this by having a Lindemans.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

All Stars Bakery makes a Kvass. You can find it in Russian supermarkets and it is usually in 2l plastic sofa bottle.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Coronaeus wrote: 2l plastic sofa bottle.
That should totally be a thing! :D
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Sometimes being too lazy to proofread works out for the better!!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Coronaeus wrote:Sometimes being too lazy to proofread works out for the better!!
Nah, just sit back and let the AI do the work for you!

Alexa, what is this shit I'm drinking?
Cortana, what is diacetyl?
Siri, where can I get a fake beard so I can drink with the cool guys?
Google, please auto correct my typing based on your continued creepy observation of me.
And so on... :wink:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.