Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Post your own brewpub, pub and restaurant reviews here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby Craig » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Barhop 3 coming to Pape and Danforth!
nickw
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby nickw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:25 pm

!!!
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby El Pinguino » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Sweet!
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Bar Hop THREE / East End

Postby Belgian » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05 pm

Craig wrote:Barhop 3 coming to Pape and Danforth!

W :o W... welcome you Bar Hoppers!

Now we can definitely say there's some good beer crawling in the New East End without even wandering too far from the subway stops.
I was at Revel Road (Queen/Jones) recently too, they had a very impressive 80 Shilling Scotch Ale. Good spot to pop in if you are waiting for pizza at Descendant (well worth the wait.)

It's also amazing how consistently busy The Only Cafe at Danforth/Donlands has been for years since its major revamp. It used to be a very low-key, super-inexpensive spot to linger and order a great Marrakech sandwich and drink absurdly cheap Belgian imports. The Bohemian aspect is largely replaced by 24 exceedingly good Ontario taps and a very youthful vibrancy that I also like - and to this day you can bring in your own takeout Roti or Souvlaki or Gyros from anywhere nearby. Amazing, unique Toronto experience. Check that damn back patio sometime.

Plus we have the Ceili cottage, a rare 'real' Irish pub with a (now) extremely decent kitchen (very reasonable too) and which is run by Patrick the world champion oyster shucker (if you're into that sort of thing, this place is exceptional despite a short beer list.) Even in addition to our growing list of brew pubs the area is getting more interesting each year.
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby DeMarco » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 am

I live on pape, and this is dangerously close for me.
midlife crisis
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby midlife crisis » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am

Don't know how long you've been there, but didn't Granite Brewery try a satellite space at Pape and Danforth for a little while, back in the day? Wonder if this is the same building?
User avatar
Napalm Frog
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:01 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby Napalm Frog » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:04 am

When this rumour popped up on Urban Toronto a few weeks ago, it was stated they'd take the location of Court Jester at 681 Danforth.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Bar Hop THREE / East End

Postby Belgian » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Napalm Frog wrote:When this rumour popped up on Urban Toronto a few weeks ago, it was stated they'd take the location of Court Jester at 681 Danforth.

I have never ventured into the Court Jester but I have gone to Asteria next door many times for the extremely decent chicken souvlaki on a bun (always grilled fresh to order.)

There has always been a fair bit of dining & imbibing mediocrity on the main drag of Danforth, despite being a nicer-looking area: I think the humbler 'East of Pape' hood is finally taking off as a cool area, especially now with BH3 which I believe will draw in legions of young folks VS the überklass Lamborghini set. This is now reaching critical mass.
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby DeMarco » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:40 pm

midlife crisis wrote:Don't know how long you've been there, but didn't Granite Brewery try a satellite space at Pape and Danforth for a little while, back in the day? Wonder if this is the same building?


Not sure, I've only been on pape for a few years now, turning in my cool card from my "dundas west/everything was in walking distance" days. This is actually quite an exciting moment for me with BH3.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Bar Hop THREE / East End

Postby Craig » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Belgian wrote:
Napalm Frog wrote:When this rumour popped up on Urban Toronto a few weeks ago, it was stated they'd take the location of Court Jester at 681 Danforth.

I have never ventured into the Court Jester but I have gone to Asteria next door many times for the extremely decent chicken souvlaki on a bun (always grilled fresh to order.)

There has always been a fair bit of dining & imbibing mediocrity on the main drag of Danforth, despite being a nicer-looking area: I think the humbler 'East of Pape' hood is finally taking off as a cool area, especially now with BH3 which I believe will draw in legions of young folks VS the überklass Lamborghini set. This is now reaching critical mass.


East of Pape has been more interesting for drinkers for ages now. Sauce, the Only, the Wren, Morgan's, the Dylan and Sarah's have all been up and running for a few years. All of those places I'd take over anything in Greektown just for drinks.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Bar Hop THREE / East End

Postby Belgian » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Craig wrote:East of Pape has been more interesting for drinkers for ages now. Sauce, the Only, the Wren, Morgan's, the Dylan and Sarah's have all been up and running for a few years. All of those places I'd take over anything in Greektown just for drinks.

Absolutely, if people actually venture out past Jones & even past Greenwood. I'd say the block or two immediately E of Pape has a lot of interesting spill-over potential. That side of Greektown has been surprisingly cold until you get to at least the Only, historically it really drops off east VS west of Pape so it's great BH-3 is canny enough to descend right there & presumably be part of the transformation.
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
Gleemer Imports
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:41 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby Gleemer Imports » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 pm

While i was unable to attend the sneak peak on Thursday night, I am very much looking forward to BH3 opening.
Between BH3 and the Only, you're going to have a solid tap and bottle list within a 5 minute walk of one another.
I can also tell you that the bottle list will make these bars a destination :)
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
User avatar
lister
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby lister » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:11 pm

DeMarco wrote:I live on pape, and this is dangerously close for me.


I've got BH1 and BH2 dangerously close to me. It's really nice. Enjoy! 8)

Now I'll have two choices ahead of going to the Linsmore for live music, The Wren and BH3.
lister
User avatar
TwoPint
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 am
Location: at large

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby TwoPint » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 am

midlife crisis wrote:Don't know how long you've been there, but didn't Granite Brewery try a satellite space at Pape and Danforth for a little while, back in the day? Wonder if this is the same building?

The Granite's Beer Street was at 729 Danforth.
midlife crisis
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bar Hop 2 (Peter St)

Postby midlife crisis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:43 am

Yeah, that was it. Beer Street!

Return to “Good Pub Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests