Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Six Brewing

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Malcolm

The Six Brewing

Post by Malcolm »

Has anybody checked this place out: https://www.thesixbrewingco.com/ ? Saw it on F'book, but nobody said much about the beer. They've taken some heat for not pouring 20 oz, and calling their 16 oz pours "standard."
Looks like a nice place though.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Havent checked them out.... Mostly spent time mocking their name so far. ;) Will eventually get out to try the product!

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

I grabbed a few bottles to go the week they opened up, beers were meh. It's a neighbourhood brewery. I'd rank it with Bandit, but pick them over this place. Have potential, but I think it's focussing on local pandering a bit too hard. All the beers were renamed recently during a contest.

Edit: My one word summary would be 'uninspiring'.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I know a very good brewer from down south applied for a position there. No idea if he heard back anything from them, but he would certainly have helped them up their game.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo