Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ottawa River Breweries: Le Castor, Montebello, Bois Blanc

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Ottawa River Breweries: Le Castor, Montebello, Bois Blanc

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Seeing some friends in Ottawa first weekend of May. On the Sunday driving along the Quebec side of the river to Oka, then crossing (if the crossing is open) to Hudson, up to Le Castor then home.

Question #1: Anyone know the hours of Le Castor? I cannot find them.

Question #2: Anyone been/had Montrbello or Bois Blanc? Thoughts?

Question #3: Am I missing any other brewery?

Question #4: Anything else on that route I should see?

Thanks!
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

lplex

Post by lplex »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Question #1: Anyone know the hours of Le Castor? I cannot find them.
They are not open to the public. :(

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

lplex wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:Question #1: Anyone know the hours of Le Castor? I cannot find them.
They are not open to the public. :(
Wow, really?

Ok then, Question #5: Any good stores on my route I can get Le Castor and/or others?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Broue ha ha has all the Quebec beers: https://brouehaha.com/our-beers/?lang=e ... =le-castor

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Montebello: nice little pub with a lovely patio. Beers are meh to ok. Jack Rabbit Black Pils was the highlight.

Bois Blanc: Was closed even though hours on door said otherwise. Managed to find a very expensive can of Double IPA which was better than anything Montebello made.

Broue Ha Ha: Thanks for the recommendation. Great store with great staff.

Tooth & Nail and Dominion City: both solid breweries. Loved hanging out at Tooth & Nail, however Sunsplit IPA from Dominion City was the hands down best from both breweries.