Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southern Tier

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dale cannon

Southern Tier

Post by dale cannon »

What happened to Southern Tier in Ontario?

Miss having the IPA available and the special releases like 2XIPA, Gemini, Unearthly, Pumking, Warlock and other Blackwater series beers.

I miss Southern Tier. :(
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Some of the posts in this thread may be relevant to your interests:

http://www.bartowel.com/forum/viewtopic ... er#p155976

Looks to me like the crappy exchange rate, along with the fact that the LCBO is a pain in the ass to deal with, were both factors in ST pulling out of Ontario.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

darmokandjalad wrote:Some of the posts in this thread may be relevant to your interests:

http://www.bartowel.com/forum/viewtopic ... er#p155976

Looks to me like the crappy exchange rate, along with the fact that the LCBO is a pain in the ass to deal with, were both factors in ST pulling out of Ontario.
I recall reading something 7-8 years ago which implied that many American craft breweries just couldn't be bothered with this market because of the jumping through hoops that was required.

Ontario...the province where fun comes to die.