Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Delivery Time

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ry_kinney

LCBO Delivery Time

Post by ry_kinney »

Does anyone know the process of LCBO in store pickup shipping? How long until my store receives the package if I was sent a confirmation email that the order has been shipped?

I assume it means the order has been picked and placed on a truck and would be delivered within 24 hours?

portwood

Post by portwood »

i think it depends on the store (i.e. how diligent they are in receiving the package on the system after they actually receive it)
Its taken me anywhere from 3 to 5 business days after receiving the shipped notification email.

current order placed May 13, ship notification May 15...
@markhamwhisky

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

portwood wrote:i think it depends on the store (i.e. how diligent they are in receiving the package on the system after they actually receive it)
Its taken me anywhere from 3 to 5 business days after receiving the shipped notification email.

I think you are right, I am pretty sure my store has the order but they won't scan in the pallet it's sitting on!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

It's not always the store. I went I three days after I got a shipping notification once and my local spent 20 minutes searching in the back for it despite it not showing in their system. It arrived a few days later.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

The website sends you an email when it is recieved, however the store staff have to manually process the order on their own system before they can release it.

I have gone and had to wait while they process it (as others have said), and I have waited to recieve a call from the local store before going and just signed a paper and walked out the door. But I've ordered enough times now, that they much more efficient at getting my orders ready, than the first few times.

portwood

Post by portwood »

Craig wrote:It's not always the store. I went I three days after I got a shipping notification once and my local spent 20 minutes searching in the back for it despite it not showing in their system. It arrived a few days later.
you get 3 email notifications
1. order received
2. order shipped
3. order received at local store

You'd think that in modern shipping terms you'd be safe going the next day BUT you're wasting your time if you go x days after shipping notification. you need to wait for notification that the store has received it
@markhamwhisky

portwood

Post by portwood »

portwood wrote:i think it depends on the store (i.e. how diligent they are in receiving the package on the system after they actually receive it)

received email at 5:52 today that package is ready for pickup.

possible the courier delivered today, but more likely they received it yesterday (or earlier) but only got around to entering in the system this afternoon
@markhamwhisky