Montreal

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
BartOwl
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:14 pm
Location: King and Beerthurst

Re: Montreal

Postby BartOwl » Mon May 21, 2018 7:03 am

Yes the draught selection is good and so is the bar scene here in Montreal. As for hotel, I am staying at hotel chrome. It is downtown, but it is one of the cheaper ones. Although long weekend prices are much higher than usual. You can also find places in hotels.com.
User avatar
lister
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Montreal

Postby lister » Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 am

Belgian wrote:Where do you guys find it s good to stay (clean, north of downtown, reasonable price.)


All my visits accommodations prior to the last one were downtown. The last visit was with eight people and we split an AirBnB near the Outremont Metro. I was initially like "Why all the way up there?!" until I realized that DDC and V&V were 20 minutes walks away from the AirBnB. :D
lister
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9741
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Montreal

Postby Belgian » Wed May 23, 2018 1:03 am

lister wrote:
Belgian wrote:Where do you guys find it s good to stay (clean, north of downtown, reasonable price.)

All my visits accommodations prior to the last one were downtown. The last visit was with eight people and we split an AirBnB near the Outremont Metro. I was initially like "Why all the way up there?!" until I realized that DDC and V&V were 20 minutes walks away from the AirBnB. :D

That's great! Yeah, the real 'soul' of Montreal for me is not downtown, it is somewhat closer to the Parc and Mile End. Some trips I barely ventured downtown, if at all. This bit of 'uptown mystique' probably keeps (IMO) the best of Montreal a special destination. V&V and DDC are both worth at least one daily visit, heh.

Thanks Lister. If you other guys have other specific reccs on accomodations, please post them! AirBNB doesn't sound like a bad idea. I often stayed at a hotel Cass recommended on Ave du Parc (Hotel Parc Avenue), kind of basic but tout bien.
In Beerum Veritas
Esquandolas
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: Montreal

Postby Esquandolas » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:14 am

Has anyone here ever been to the Mondiale de la Biere festival in Montreal?

It's coming up May 22-25, 2019.

https://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/en/

Looking it over, I'm skeptical of it being anything special.
User avatar
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2955
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Montreal

Postby JerCraigs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 am

Esquandolas wrote:Has anyone here ever been to the Mondiale de la Biere festival in Montreal?

It's coming up May 22-25, 2019.

https://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/en/

Looking it over, I'm skeptical of it being anything special.


I have been several times but haven't been recently. Our usual approach to it was to try and get there for opening on a weekday and leave once it starts getting too busy. There is (was?) no admission cost so it's practical to stay as long or as little as you like. Beer selection varies, the foreign imports typically offering some of the more interesting offerings but also often the most expensive.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Montreal

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 am

JerCraigs wrote:
Esquandolas wrote:Has anyone here ever been to the Mondiale de la Biere festival in Montreal?

It's coming up May 22-25, 2019.

https://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/en/

Looking it over, I'm skeptical of it being anything special.


I have been several times but haven't been recently. Our usual approach to it was to try and get there for opening on a weekday and leave once it starts getting too busy. There is (was?) no admission cost so it's practical to stay as long or as little as you like. Beer selection varies, the foreign imports typically offering some of the more interesting offerings but also often the most expensive.


I'm in the same boat, including not having been in ages. I'll just add that you did tend to get good Quebec offerings too, of course. It was a fun excuse for a guys weekend in Montreal.

Return to “Local Beer Guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests