Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Tennessee Tavern

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Tennessee Tavern

Post by beerstodiscover »

I visited Tennessee Tavern in Parkdale yesterday and this place is great.

The tap list is well above average with stuff from Halo, Bellwoods, Small Pony, DDC, Blood Brothers, Fairweather and more. They do 12 oz pours for around $7-$8. Small Pony Half Remembered Dream was $7 for 6 oz, but very delicious. The bottle list is also really impressive if you're in the mood to splurge.

The menu is Eastern European, and very beer friendly. I recommend the Cevapi and Pierogis. Lots of pickles, cheese, sausage, pretzels and interesting snacks to try.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yup, part of the Grant Van Gameren empire. I've been numerous times and concur with your assessment, as it has probably (outside of Pharmacy) the best beer selection in Parkdale.
It's not as easy to find good and different craft choices in Parkdale as it used to be. The Rhino (based on my last visit) seems to mainstreamed their draft choices and some of the smaller places (Grand Trunk etc) offer uninspiring choices, even if they fall into the "craft" category.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Malcolm wrote:Yup, part of the Grant Van Gameren empire. I've been numerous times and concur with your assessment, as it has probably (outside of Pharmacy) the best beer selection in Parkdale.
It's not as easy to find good and different craft choices in Parkdale as it used to be. The Rhino (based on my last visit) seems to mainstreamed their draft choices and some of the smaller places (Grand Trunk etc) offer uninspiring choices, even if they fall into the "craft" category.
wow! Thanks for bringing this to our attention
Reliable Beer Critic

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Malcolm wrote:The Rhino (based on my last visit) seems to mainstreamed their draft choices and some of the smaller places (Grand Trunk etc) offer uninspiring choices, even if they fall into the "craft" category.
Passed by the Rhino this weekend and I'd say the tap list was decent. However, I spotted Westy 12 in the fridge. For $19 I had to indulge.