Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

There is fresher stock of the Modern Times beers. Canned in late April, if I remember correctly.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

beerstodiscover wrote:There is fresher stock of the Modern Times beers. Canned in late April, if I remember correctly.
lol

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Saison Dupont finally listed...still at the stupidly low price of 2.75. No stock yet.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
darmokandjalad wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:Odd new listing on the LCBO site - a 650 mL can of Sapporo Premium made by Sleeman.....in Vietnam.

650 mL can
Alcohol/Vol5.0%
Made in:Vietnam
By:Sleeman Brewing & Malting Co
Style:Light & Malty
Weird. My first instinctive response is that the LCBO website is often inaccurate.

If they're actually brewing Sapporo in Vietnam and shipping it here, though, that's pretty dumb. They own several perfectly good breweries on this side of the ocean.
Saw the can yesterday. Made in Guelph as expected.

Both the LCBO and TBS have some serious deficiencies in how they enter data into their systems.
Saw the 650 mL can again in an LCBO. Took a look.....and this one is from Vietnam (Sapporo, not Sleeman). Right beside it were 4-packs of 500 mL cans from Sapporo, Guelph.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

Hmmm. My only guess is that they decided to centralize the manufacture/filling of those odd 650 mL cans in one location, and Vietnam wound up being the choice. Shrug.

I have to imagine (because I do not travel) that a lot more of those big cans get sold in the Asia-Pacific region vs. North America. The number of people alone virtually guarantees it.

BlackRedGold

Post by BlackRedGold »

Lukie wrote:GLB's Meanwhile..Down In Moxee is drinking pretty darn juicy. Get it while it's still fresh. It's also well priced at $2.74 per can.
I just picked some of this up today and it's going back tomorrow. Date of mid-May on the can but the hops taste like it was brewed in 2017.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

BlackRedGold wrote:
Lukie wrote:GLB's Meanwhile..Down In Moxee is drinking pretty darn juicy. Get it while it's still fresh. It's also well priced at $2.74 per can.
I just picked some of this up today and it's going back tomorrow. Date of mid-May on the can but the hops taste like it was brewed in 2017.
damn. I just did an online order for it since I couldn't find it on shelves anywhere near here

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

I've had like 12 cans of Moxee over the last month and they all tasted fine. Not GLB's best T10 IPA by any means, but still better than a lot of the stuff on the shelves.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

when the heck are cans of armed 'n citra going to show up it's been forever since it was announced

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

darmokandjalad wrote:I've had like 12 cans of Moxee over the last month and they all tasted fine. Not GLB's best T10 IPA by any means, but still better than a lot of the stuff on the shelves.
Bought four yesterday and had one. It was fine.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

jeremyg wrote:when the heck are cans of armed 'n citra going to show up it's been forever since it was announced
Added to the site today. And $3.25 a can so good value!

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/rainha ... ale/578872

And kapow too!

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/rainha ... ipa/573923

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

perfectly aged!

Orval_Al

Post by Orval_Al »

Just drank an Armed 'N Citra. Canned July 5th. Fucking delicious.

Also bought a can of Kapow. Have yet to consume, but it was canned in mid June. Not bad.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

...and 6% abv to boot...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Lindemans Cuvée René is rolling out. This is a bit of a surprise to me, as I don't think it's part of any seasonal release. Gotta love surprise gueuze! Also this batch is 6% abv, usually I've seen this at 5.5%.