Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Soods

Post by Soods »

Good thing it wasn't some rare wines they had on the site for sale! The world might have come to a stand still. :D

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Site taken offline for 'maintenance'....

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

That time a bunch of no good neckbeards crashed the LCBO site over beers.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

And *poof*, they're gone?!

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Looks like they pulled stock, will try again when they hopefully have an idea of how much traffic will hit again.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

With no information from the LCBO and Keep6 in the past 24 hours, my guess is they are working on some BS summerhill release, where only the people of Toronto get the HF stock...

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Masterplan wrote:With no information from the LCBO and Keep6 in the past 24 hours, my guess is they are working on some BS summerhill release, where only the people of Toronto get the HF stock...
Plan is for it to still be an online release:

We are working to make online & mobile orders of the #HillFarmstead beer collection possible & we will provide updates here as available. It’s never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We apologize & thank for your understanding.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I’d prefer this to be a lottery at this point.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I prefer lotteries in general to the wait until a specific time and race everyone else to checkout first.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

spinrsx wrote:imagine if the lcbo gets cantillon..
Let's not forget that Esprit did that Cantillon private order all those years ago. What a sedate affair that was, by comparison: you got an email, you took a week or two to think about what you wanted, and then you waited. Oh, and how about a 750ml St Lamvinus for $11. The great cyanide panic of 2000-whatever scuttled much of the order, but still, no panic buying, no insanity. Even the 3F A+T release a few years ago was docile by comparison.

+1 for making these releases a lottery. Give people a week or two to preorder before sales go live, then let randomness decide if demand far exceeds supply. Better than the current shitshow, imo.
Here's to the slow path.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

I'm sure Keep6 brought in as much as they could, but 720 bottles is almost cruelly low. If everyone bought, say two bottles of each one, then only 120 people would be able to place an order. Was there a max number of bottles one could order?

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Gedge wrote:I'm sure Keep6 brought in as much as they could, but 720 bottles is almost cruelly low. If everyone bought, say two bottles of each one, then only 120 people would be able to place an order. Was there a max number of bottles one could order?
4 of each I believe.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I've yet to win an LCBO lottery.

I'm wondering with all the demand a better idea may have been to sell the bottles as a 3 pack, 1 of each, for the 50 dollars and change and limit that to 1 per person.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

It's up early!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

awesome, sold out before 8:30am. good old lcbo