Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I put mine in literally a minute ago. Got only 3 bottles cuz I didn’t want to be greedy. There was about 200 of each and now it’s literally gone in a minute?

I got my confirmation email but then did they shut it down?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Who knows at this point, I got 2 of each, and there were 130ish of each left. Then *poof*, they were gone.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I’m not even gonna lie - couldn’t sleep at around 2 o clock last night and decided to check because I thought they might be up.

Well - nothing is certain until you get the shipping confirmation.

Anyone get any Weller 12 the other night? That was another nightmare.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

distr0

Post by distr0 »

wow it showed up real early then. I checked just after 8, saw ~170ish in stock of each, placed an order successfully. couple minutes later they were all gone

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Twitter is handling this well...

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Ah! The LCBO, where it is 8:30 when WE say it is 8:30!

Imagine if this had been a release of something more interesting than HF shelfies? 6-packs of Double Citra would have caused an explosion!

I'm with those who call for doing lotteries on these things. That way no one has to divine what "8:30" really means, no computer systems get assaulted, and those who miss out won't whine quite as much.

That said, the suggestion to just have these things available at Summerhill would be fine by me. As we all know, if you choose not to live in close proximity to Summerhill, you probably don't really like beer all that much, and don't deserve special releases of any kind!

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

So disappointed...I was online at 8:00, but didn't check that fervently. Agreed on the lottery system and introduction of captchas. Seems strange for something like beer, but there was a time when they had special beers through Vintages, so why not?

Any recommendations for great saisons within reach to drown my sorrows with? Was thinking of making an order from Half Hours and/or Burdock...

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

I went on the website around 8:15am to get ready to start clicking refresh. It was already up with stock showing around 120. I put one of each in the cart and quickly checked out as all my info is saved in there. I went back to the product search page around 8:18am and Anna and Arthur were gone. Florence showed 3 left. Refreshed and Florence was gone.

Unfortunately this is the LCBO so even though I have an order confirmation email, I guess those don't count for much.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

:o

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

JeffPorter wrote::o

Ha! I hope this is real and gets fulfilled.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I've seen that guy post in here before....not that that is a confirmed order, just someone being a troll.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

shintriad wrote:So disappointed...I was online at 8:00, but didn't check that fervently. Agreed on the lottery system and introduction of captchas. Seems strange for something like beer, but there was a time when they had special beers through Vintages, so why not?

Any recommendations for great saisons within reach to drown my sorrows with? Was thinking of making an order from Half Hours and/or Burdock...
Saison Dupont is hitting LCBO shelves any day now.

HHOE have a pretty epic lineup in their online shop right now. I'd wager about half of it is better than anything in this HF release.

Four Winds Nectarous has been available online for a while now, it's pretty great and normally hard to get here too.

Cascade Rose City, Sang Rouge and Midnight Bramble are all in stock online right now.

Crooked Stave Veille is in stock online.

Honestly, I don't really get what all the hubub was over the HF release. I've had all those beers before and while they're all great the only one I considered buying was Florence. I decided to get some Nectarous instead, because I like the beer just as much and it was cheaper/easier. I got some Veille last week too. Once I finish drinking down my stock of Lem, I'll probably put in another HHOE order because their stuff is just so good if you love the sour stuff.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

El Pinguino wrote:

I've seen that guy post in here before....not that that is a confirmed order, just someone being a troll.
Just showing folks that I was able to add them to my cart. Did not attempt checking that amount out.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

I do find it hilarious that some moron thought I actually lived in Detroit and got mad at LCBO for letting me buy that many and ship it out of country. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Coronaeus wrote:Ah! The LCBO, where it is 8:30 when WE say it is 8:30!
Time is hard. :lol:

Other than doing the odd lottery, I've given up on extremely limited releases either via lcbo.com or in-store. I just can't be bothered anymore with the hassle, frustration and waste of time.
lister