Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Hop King vs. Bar Hop Brewco...

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BeerIsGood

Bar Hop King vs. Bar Hop Brewco...

Post by BeerIsGood »

OK GTA beer enthusiasts. I’m in The Big Smoke for one day in a couple of weeks. Lots to do, choices to make. Same, same with these two or a clear reason to pick one? Shoot. Please and thanks.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

King is smaller, brewco is newer, so a little nicer, much larger and has a rooftop patio. The menus are different, but not so different that it really matters. They're also walking distance apart, so why not try both?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Do both. Do afternoon rooftop patio at BrewCo and later on King St. Food and beer menus are different.
lister

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

On the whole, I've had better drinking and dining experiences at the King Street location, and enjoy the atmosphere a bit more as well. The only drawback is that it can be difficult to get a seat at the bar, since the place is always packed. My preference is King, but you'll have an easier time finding a seat at the Peter Street location, and like Craig said you could always just hit both (they're a 5 minute walk apart).
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

cratez wrote:On the whole, I've had better drinking and dining experiences at the King Street location, and enjoy the atmosphere a bit more as well. The only drawback is that it can be difficult to get a seat at the bar, since the place is always packed. My preference is King, but you'll have an easier time finding a seat at the Peter Street location, and like Craig said you could always just hit both (they're a 5 minute walk apart).
I like the bar or front at King the best, other than the patio which is a whole different thing, but I'd take pretty much anywhere on Peter over the seats in the back at King. It's too loud back there.

But it's really all good. You can't go wrong.