Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO De-Lists WW beers on website

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

LCBO De-Lists WW beers on website

Post by Belgian »

It appears the Winter Warmer's release (barely around a month or less, for some items) has already been turfed from the searchable web site. There are stacks of cases in a few stores, but no way of finding them now!

Anyone needing Rochefort 8 or Orval, etc. may find some at the new Kennedy Commons outlet, the Brimley store, maybe a few others. It's a drag but we've all been down this road before.

Chin chin!
JK.
In Beerum Veritas

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

It appears that the LCBO has discontinued their new "product discontinued" feature. Sounds about right :roll:

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

As of this past Friday there was quite a bit of Orval at Davisville. Sam Smith's Winter Welcome Ale was there too.
lister

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I think this may be due to a database glitch rather than a specific delisting of the WW products. There are still some items showing up with the "product discontinued" tag, and there are some general list products that aren't showing up at all even though they are still on shelves.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

You may be right, Greg, but what the heck I just contacted them to politely ask about restoring all the products to the site! After all, some items didn't get here till a month ago, Orval has it even been two weeks? They should know in any case (no pun) so we'll see.

Brampton seemed to have lots of stock, you know those other out-lying areas (Steelback Country out there I guess!)
In Beerum Veritas

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

GregClow wrote:I think this may be due to a database glitch rather than a specific delisting of the WW products. There are still some items showing up with the "product discontinued" tag, and there are some general list products that aren't showing up at all even though they are still on shelves.
Looks like this is fixed now, at least for the couple that I tried to look up.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

As of today, all of my WW products appear on the site.