Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

It went from 28 or so listings on Thursday to 64. All of the stuff that had lots of stock still (all Keep6 stuff I think) is now out of stock and for some reason they added back a whole bunch of old listings that haven't been available for a long time. I have a hunch Keep6 has decided not to sell through LCBO anymore. If this is the case, I really hope there will be another alternative for us to get their stuff.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Jay-Brew wrote:I have a hunch Keep6 has decided not to sell through LCBO anymore.
What's the source of this hunch? The LCBO online shop routinely has problems, I'm guessing that's behind the change in stock/listings.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

beerstodiscover wrote:
Jay-Brew wrote:I have a hunch Keep6 has decided not to sell through LCBO anymore.
What's the source of this hunch? The LCBO online shop routinely has problems, I'm guessing that's behind the change in stock/listings.
after the HF fiasco, they did say that they were 'exploring better ways to sell you beer in Ontario'

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

beerstodiscover wrote:

I sent an email to HelloLCBO and mentioned Dunham. Regarding Dunham they said: "It looks like the Dunham beers in particular have transitioned to specialty services products: while they are no longer available through the LCBO's retail channel, you may still be able to order a case directly from the agent who represents the brand in Ontario." The agent they referred to is Keep6.

I later asked about a few other examples, all of which are brought in by Keep6, but I haven't heard back yet.

LCBO has no shortage of problems, online or otherwise. My hunch stems from these beers all disappearing (or are now out of stock) suddenly, the comment about Dunham, and after the HF fiasco Keep6 posted on Twitter I believe that they would be looking into other ways to sell beer in Ontario.

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

distr0 wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:
after the HF fiasco, they did say that they were 'exploring better ways to sell you beer in Ontario'

I was writing that as you were posting!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Interesting... and too bad. For the most part I like the LCBO online ordering system. And It seems odd for Keep6 pull product like the Dunham stuff so soon after releasing it. Maybe this means they have already found a solution.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Jay-Brew wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:

I sent an email to HelloLCBO and mentioned Dunham. Regarding Dunham they said: "It looks like the Dunham beers in particular have transitioned to specialty services products: while they are no longer available through the LCBO's retail channel, you may still be able to order a case directly from the agent who represents the brand in Ontario." The agent they referred to is Keep6.

I later asked about a few other examples, all of which are brought in by Keep6, but I haven't heard back yet.

LCBO has no shortage of problems, online or otherwise. My hunch stems from these beers all disappearing (or are now out of stock) suddenly, the comment about Dunham, and after the HF fiasco Keep6 posted on Twitter I believe that they would be looking into other ways to sell beer in Ontario.

There is no other way to sell it, short of brewing it. Y'all are just spreading rumours.

If stuff showed up with no stock, my money is on them bringing in another shipment and stock will show up in the coming days/weeks.

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

What's the source of this hunch? The LCBO online shop routinely has problems, I'm guessing that's behind the change in stock/listings.[/quote]

LCBO has no shortage of problems, online or otherwise. My hunch stems from these beers all disappearing (or are now out of stock) suddenly, the comment about Dunham, and after the HF fiasco Keep6 posted on Twitter I believe that they would be looking into other ways to sell beer in Ontario.[/quote]

There is no other way to sell it, short of brewing it. Y'all are just spreading rumours.

If stuff showed up with no stock, my money is on them bringing in another shipment and stock will show up in the coming days/weeks.[/quote]

I'm actually sharing my opinion based on a few objective pieces of information that led me to form my thoughts on what could possibly be happening. Guess we'll see how it plays out, and hopefully I am wrong and we'll continue to be able to get these great beers that have been available.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Craig wrote:There is no other way to sell it, short of brewing it. Y'all are just spreading rumours.
The HF fiasco was really was an aberration. I can't see Keep6 choosing to close up shop because of it. For the most part selling LCBO online exclusives has been pretty smooth and convenient.

Keep6 said it will "continue exploring better ways to sell you beer in Ontario".

Seems like at most they are working with the LCBO on some new solution.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Jay-Brew wrote:Anybody know what is going on with all the online exclusive beers on LCBO? Bunch of stuff was available and now all out of stock (Vieille, Crossfade, Life On, Nectarous...). The new Dunham beers that were there this week and available aren't even listed on the site anymore. Wondering if Keep6 has pulled all their beers and won't be selling on LCBO now.

These beers are all back in stock.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

toronto lcbo...

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

spinrsx wrote:toronto lcbo...

Which secret store?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

sadly I don't know, just came across that pic

Jay-Brew

Post by Jay-Brew »

Craig wrote:
Jay-Brew wrote:Anybody know what is going on with all the online exclusive beers on LCBO? Bunch of stuff was available and now all out of stock (Vieille, Crossfade, Life On, Nectarous...). The new Dunham beers that were there this week and available aren't even listed on the site anymore. Wondering if Keep6 has pulled all their beers and won't be selling on LCBO now.

These beers are all back in stock.
Not Dunham unfortunately.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

That was the Queens Quay LCBO yesterday. I assume they're all gone now.

It's odd that there are so many there, because normally these things show up on shelves (normally in that store) when people return or fail to pick up a private order. My guess is these were destined to a bar or something, and they got to order more at once than we did.