Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Online Exclusives

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

The agency did state that they did have extra, as due to a know LCBO stocking glitch people ordering at the tail end of low stock have often had their order cancelled. Even then, this seems like a good chunk of stock...

portwood

Post by portwood »

spinrsx wrote:toronto lcbo...

ROTFLMAO
#LCBO = #shitshow
@markhamwhisky

nudniq

Post by nudniq »

Apparently Sam Adam's Utopia will go on sale tomorrow at 9:30am on LCBO.COM
http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2018/09 ... cbo-online

Lots of notice given... :roll:

Esquandolas

Post by Esquandolas »

nudniq wrote:Apparently Sam Adam's Utopia will go on sale tomorrow at 9:30am on LCBO.COM

$111 sure is a lot for 710 ml of delicious beer. Worth it?

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

I think it's at least $200 a bottle in the US ;)

and yeah I think it's a "Utopia" year. every 2 years?

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Esquandolas wrote:
nudniq wrote:Apparently Sam Adam's Utopia will go on sale tomorrow at 9:30am on LCBO.COM

$111 sure is a lot for 710 ml of delicious beer. Worth it?
I argue no, but they sell out every year so I'm sure lots of people argue yes. Instead of buying a bottle, I went over to Folly and ordered an ounce for I can't remember how much they wanted, but it was less than $20 bucks. That ounce was pretty much all I'd ever want. It's fine, just not really my thing.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Looks like the LCBO didn't bungle the timed release. Nice to see.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

No but the website is hammered. No capacity added to deal with the onslaught.
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Apparently a lot of processing is needed... :roll:
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

So I noticed in the browser, despite the "processing" overlay graphic that the cart was updated. I refreshed the browser and I was able to purchase. Sigh.
lister

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

lister wrote:So I noticed in the browser, despite the "processing" overlay graphic that the cart was updated. I refreshed the browser and I was able to purchase. Sigh.
That always happens to me, regardless of whether there's a special release or not.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Craig wrote:
lister wrote:So I noticed in the browser, despite the "processing" overlay graphic that the cart was updated. I refreshed the browser and I was able to purchase. Sigh.
That always happens to me, regardless of whether there's a special release or not.
Good to know. That hasn't happened in the past for me though I haven't ordered online for a while now. New quirk! Yay!
lister

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Bah! I wish I hadn’t seen this. I still have two 2015s that I have yet to open...

As noted above, the price is fantastic as it is often $200 to $250 in the States and can trade for at least that much in the dreaded “secondary” value.

I bought mine at 11:12 AM and there were 136 units remaining if the site can be trusted.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Anyone know if there is a free glass again this year with your Utopias purchase?

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

This price is bizarre. Sam Adams states the MSRP is US$200 (C$260) and LCBO sells it for C$110. Perhaps LCBO gets a better price by buying 588 bottles, but I suspect anyone selling it for the US$200 is making a very healthy margin if the LCBO can profit at less than half price.