Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Caledonian 80-/ in 500ml cans @ LCBO

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Caledonian 80-/ in 500ml cans @ LCBO

Post by iguenard »

Just went to LCBO King Edward in Ottawa at noon. Noticed they had 2 x 24 of 500ml cans of Caledonian 80 for all thoise interested. The guy said it could be a new regular product.

Sounds good! Bought 8 cans myself.

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

I tried this the other day and thought it was very nice. Not quite English in taste, not quite North American - a good beer and well-packaged for a canned beer. In general the quality of the Scots ales available here over the years has been high. I haven't had MacEwan's though in many years, grandaddy of imports really since I recall seeing it at the SAQ in Quebec even in the mid-1970's. Does anyone here buy it?

Gary

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

old faithful wrote: I haven't had (McEwan's) though in many years, grandaddy of imports really since I recall seeing it at the SAQ in Quebec even in the mid-1970's. Does anyone here buy it?

Gary
You can usually find it in the LCBO 'singles basket' to try one or two, it seems the cases always fall apart.

Good but nothing I'd miss really.
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

We have the MacEwan's Scotch in Ottawa, Quebec side at the SAQ.

It's nice, but there are better ones out there IMHO. But hey, we cant complain, or they will take it away like they did the rest of the selection.

*eyes around nervously*